15000rms Sonoma

Strapping them vs running one on each pair would be the same current draw either way. If I strap them with a final load of 1 ohm, each amp will see .5ohm. If I run one on each pair each amp will still be wired at .5ohm. But if I strap them I wont have to worry about gain matching (it will be the same as running one big amp). The only problem with running one big amp is finding an amp that will do 10-12k at 1 ohm. If I strap 2 amps I can find a lot more options to equal that power at .5ohm each
i understand....to me its a red apple/green apple thing. i am not a fan of strapping amps, its just me i guess. i would rather have two different amps as gain matching is very easily done.

you are in the market for a huge amp or two big amplifers, im sure someone on this site should be able to get you something better than the pb amps. im shocked someone has not chimed in yet...

i understand....to me its a red apple/green apple thing. i am not a fan of strapping amps, its just me i guess. i would rather have two different amps as gain matching is very easily done.you are in the market for a huge amp or two big amplifers, im sure someone on this site should be able to get you something better than the pb amps. im shocked someone has not chimed in yet...
Yeah I have seen a couple for sale. Only problem is I cant spend that much money right now or they don't need what I have to trade.

IMO the house is way more important. i would wait unitl i moved in and then worry about car audio...i was in the same boat when i bought my house last year and now have a car/parts/amps/subs/wiring but just need the time to do the install. it all comes easier when you are not saving for something bigger in your life like a home. stay the course and something will fall into your lap.

IMO the house is way more important. i would wait unitl i moved in and then worry about car audio...i was in the same boat when i bought my house last year and now have a car/parts/amps/subs/wiring but just need the time to do the install. it all comes easier when you are not saving for something bigger in your life like a home. stay the course and something will fall into your lap.
Yeah I'll just bump the AQ3500 till after we get the house. Or mayne find someone to trade with before then

get another one of those AQs and strap the **** out of it. Only way to go. Gain matching is finicky as there are variables that you cant account for. Ive done the gain matching game before and set everything the exact same with oscopes and then when you go to clamp, one is inevitably putting out a few hundred watts more.

get another one of those AQs and strap the **** out of it. Only way to go. Gain matching is finicky as there are variables that you cant account for. Ive done the gain matching game before and set everything the exact same with oscopes and then when you go to clamp, one is inevitably putting out a few hundred watts more.
I have thought about that, and I probably would if I found another one really cheap. But its the v1 version and I don't see many of them. But that would leave me still wanting to upgrade later

dam I loved the v1 version. but yeah don't find many floating around. one of the best amps for the money imo.

I ran both the v1 and v2 at low ohm loads and the v1 could do 1/8ohm while the v2 would only do 1/4

dam I loved the v1 version. but yeah don't find many floating around. one of the best amps for the money imo.
I ran both the v1 and v2 at low ohm loads and the v1 could do 1/8ohm while the v2 would only do 1/4
Are you currently running the v2?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dub7sonoma

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dub7sonoma
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date