1500 Cups of Juice for my Babies

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
Im trading a friend my JL 500/1 for his Kicker zx1500.1

1500 rms @ 2 ohms.

Now i Need to decide on subs. I wanna get loud enough to do the occasional competition.

But also wanna have good SQ for daily driving. NEEDS HIT THE LOW-LOWS too!!!

Probably gonna go ported and tune somewhere between 30-33 hz.

So what subs?

I've heard good things about the AQ HDC3 (but dont think itll take the power really), also SSA XCON (hopefully, will be enough output).

But open to other suggestions! (not really interested in Fi subs, since I know its coming)

Planning on doing a single 12 that will take the power or 2 12s.

you want 1 sub or a pair? also a single hdc will take that powah with no prob. friend has 4 15's on 2 aq3500's
depends on prices. have about 250-300 to spend ATM on subs but will have more soon.

found an xcon and hdc in this price range.

if i can find a pair of something else in that range I may nab it.

look for a TC based sub if you're looking for lows, SQ and output... something like an eclipse TI, lms-r, axis or something custom using TC parts would be perfect

Perhaps you can find yourself a Mach 5 SPL-12. It'll take that power all day, get loud, and actually won't sound too shabby. Look into TC based woofers too.

found killer deal on some DD 1512s!!!these any good?? need responses fast!
i have a dd35 series and i love it. Def grab it if its a good deal they also like low 30 tuning too. My 35 hits the lows and smashes the higher freq. DD is also made in america so i say go for it bro.

i have a dd35 series and i love it. Def grab it if its a good deal they also like low 30 tuning too. My 35 hits the lows and smashes the higher freq. DD is also made in america so i say go for it bro.
1500's aren't made in America, and if the OP can get 2512's that would do better but a pair of 1512's would be good on this power too.

1500's aren't made in America, and if the OP can get 2512's that would do better but a pair of 1512's would be good on this power too.
wtf that crazy, on the website it says all the moving parts are made in america so does that mean its assembled some where else? Back on subject i agree with you on the 2500s but if he get a good deal on the 1500s i would snatch them up.

Actually found 2 3512s for 250 shipped.Seems too good 2 be true....almost scammish.....guess ill know soon enough
well i love my 3515 it hits low and has great range, i want another 3515 so keep me posted on how you like the 3512 pair if it is a legit deal. My 3515 will slap all day on around 1000 rms @ 2 ohms its d4 vc btw and it hardly gets hot on stock electrical.

well i love my 3515 it hits low and has great range, i want another 3515 so keep me posted on how you like the 3512 pair if it is a legit deal. My 3515 will slap all day on around 1000 rms @ 2 ohms its d4 vc btw and it hardly gets hot on stock electrical.
seems to be legit so far, even got a pic of the receipt. but i wont be completely assured until the subs are in my hand lol

but I'll def let u know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.