15" recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daryl rsv4

SoCal
Bored with my 12" SSA Icon and wanting more of a SPL sub that I can swap boxes out just for the hell of it.

Would like to stay around $350 for the sub and will probably pick up a Smart 3k to power it. This will be going in a BMW 435.

15" subs I'm considering-

SQ HDX3
FI SSD V4
AB Hawk

Any other recommendations welcomed, thanks all.

Fi SSD V4 all day long over those other two. I have a pair of dual 1 ohm 12" Fi Xv3's with the dual spiders on them and they "claim" rms is 1,000 watts but I can tell you with a Sia 3.5K they are wanting more power. Fi under estimates their rms ratings like Sundown, SSA and a couple others. You really can't go wrong with those Fi subwoofers. IF I upgrade the SSD V4 is at the top of my list no doubt

Bored with my 12" SSA Icon and wanting more of a SPL sub that I can swap boxes out just for the hell of it.

Would like to stay around $350 for the sub and will probably pick up a Smart 3k to power it. This will be going in a BMW 435.

15" subs I'm considering-

SQ HDX3
FI SSD V4
AB Hawk

Any other recommendations welcomed, thanks all.
The SQ and the AB Hawk sound very good choices. I havent tried the Hawk series yet in any size. Id like too eventually. The XFL and Elite series in American bass is a great choice. Really going to depend on your enclosure specs and tuning to choose a sub that will best perform in that enclosure. The enclosure is where the bass performance of any sub can sound really good or like azz if not within its perimeters and tuning specifications. Just throwing any sub in any enclosure? Its a gamble you can over power and overwork a sub in a smaller enclosure and end up in failure /damaged sub/waste of time and money spent.

I would definitely have the box built to spec. Hopefully this time around I can have Chris (CSCSTANG) build my box. He was unable to when I got my Icon 4 + years ago. I believe he is around 50 miles away from me.

Keep the suggestions coming guys. Appreciate the guys that have chimed in.

Ive been looking at maybe trying one of these out. They look well built

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...