15" Sub Recommendations...

SlaughterX

So my two 12" Pioneer Premier subs might be blown (or it could be my secondary battery), and I might need to replace/upgrade them. I have a pretty big car so I am thinking about going for a couple of 15s or maybe even an 18, but I would like so advice. I would like a pair of Solo Barics, but I'm not really trying to spend that much (I don't want to spend over $500).

I have a 2400 watt Pioneer amp (1200 watt RMS @ 1 ohm). I have been looking at these Kicker subs @ that I can get w/ the box for $465. Would a single SB be better, is there any better bangs for my buck? What's a good 18"?

So my two 12" Pioneer Premier subs might be blown (or it could be my secondary battery), and I might need to replace/upgrade them. I have a pretty big car so I am thinking about going for a couple of 15s or maybe even an 18, but I would like so advice. I would like a pair of Solo Barics, but I'm not really trying to spend that much (I don't want to spend over $500).
I have a 2400 watt Pioneer amp (1200 watt RMS @ 1 ohm). I have been looking at these Kicker subs @ that I can get w/ the box for $465. Would a single SB be better, is there any better bangs for my buck? What's a good 18"?
kickers are mediocre garbage. Pre-made enclosures wont get you anywhere near loud. You wanna sound good, buy real woofers and buy a real custom box. Both can be done for under 500.

You also want to find out the reason your subs are blown too because you'll continue blowing any sub you'll buy unless you fix the issue first.

The soundqubed sub recommendation is the best priced sub you can get and if you have no idea what soundqubed is or can do

thats their entry line 15"
Note the subwoofer box is extremely important too because its in a T-line. Any random box you buy off ebay, amazon, crutchfield sonic, will sound like **** and have WEAK output.

Trunk space isn't really an issue, it's going in a 1972 Buick Electra 225. It's pretty ******* huge.
space makes bass, you'll never achieve anything great by squeezing in subs in tight trunks where the bass has no room to travel.

you need 9 cubic feet of net space for a pair of 15s, thats not accounting for wood thickness, port area, bracing etc. In order for 2 15s to work you'd have to build the box inside the car, have the seats down and fire the subs and port into the cabin of the car with the seats down and sealing it completely off from the trunk. its roughly 12 gross cubic feet of space before accounting in everything else. Not sure how good you are with woodworking but if you can wall it off, it should be a nasty setup. You can try for hds300s and get another pioneer amp in the future and put one on each sub if you a real basshead lol.-

So would you recommend the single 18 over 2 15s for a trunk enclosure? I'm not removing my back seats or anything crazy like that.
2 12s over the 18 because of subwoofer loading. to fit in that trunk, that 18 would have to face up. Normally with trunk setups, sub firing to the rear along with port firing to the rear sounds the best and hits harder. You could do a nasty 3 12s setup.

Ok guys, I am gonna take your advice and get 2 S212s since I already have a box for them, and if they are as good as you say I might buy another one later and have a custom box later. At $100 a pop it makes the most since right now. Should I get 2 or 4 ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.