15 "SQL" 1500 watts. BL?

SHOemup233
10+ year member

NooB!
I currently have a 15" Mag, and am very pleased with how it sounds, but I'm looking to get a little bit more. I have the mag in 2.9 cubes sealed.

I was thinking on getting a Fisher Customs Ported box and dropping the mag in - selling my amp for an AQ2200 (setting gains with DMM), then selling the mag for maybe a BL? And dropping that in the same box with ~500 watts more running to it than the mag.

Box I'll be putting in my car will be 3-3.5 cubes @ 32 probably.

I was curious as to what people's votes are for what I should run?

BL off the most watts it can take safely (Will it take more than 1500?)

And that's the only option I have thought of.

I don't want a geared towards SPL sub such as BTL, HD3C, SX, and so on. I want something that still retains a little SQ as I listen to alot of metal and other music besides rap. I know "SQ" and 1500 watts don't go together, but any help is greatly appreciated! I just don't want to dish out money for 2 12's.

Thanks!

Ask BJ Fisher to build the same box he built for my Mag. You will be very pleased //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The mag sealed was never loud enough for me, but ported it's just right.

3.75 @ 35, you probably wont want to sell it. Maybe buy another? lol
3.75 @35 for the mag? I have heard to tune to 32, should I tune higher?

lol at you calling the SX an ALL OUT SPL SUB
Ha I realize that they aren't just SPL subs - any of them. But in my eyes they are very SPL oriented - probably to much for me. But I edited anyway!

30-35 doesnt matter. Mine was ran 3.5 @ 30 and I still miss it. I've been told that 3.75@ 35hz will put up better numbers on the mic
Higher tuning usually returns better numbers. A 30 Hz tuning is what we recommend. See here for the old specs. Port the Mag first and go from there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The replies to your thread so far should give you the confidence to hold onto that Mag and port it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

i still think its funny because many people would say the BL and SX are a very similar sub but if anything alot of people would say the BL gets a tad bit louder i own an SX and it gets just as loud as my L7s that i used to have while sounding way better

Higher tuning usually returns better numbers. A 30 Hz tuning is what we recommend. See here for the old specs. Port the Mag first and go from there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The replies to your thread so far should give you the confidence to hold onto that Mag and port it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
Ha yeah. It has. I will be holding on to the mag for a while I think.

i still think its funny because many people would say the BL and SX are a very similar sub but if anything alot of people would say the BL gets a tad bit louder i own an SX and it gets just as loud as my L7s that i used to have while sounding way better
I had never heard the the SX and BL sound similar. I was under the impression that the BL was SQL - with more towards SPL. While the SX was very SPL oriented, RE's SPL sub. That's just what I have read though - so maybe I would like the SX or the BL.

Ha yeah. It has. I will be holding on to the mag for a while I think.

I had never heard the the SX and BL sound similar. I was under the impression that the BL was SQL - with more towards SPL. While the SX was very SPL oriented, RE's SPL sub. That's just what I have read though - so maybe I would like the SX or the BL.
ask ANYONE what RE's SPL sub is and unless they are retarded they will tell you its the MT i took this straight from RE's webpage "With excelent sound quality and extreme output the SX Series is the epitome of what a daily driving subwoofer should be" and here's what they said about the MT "designed for a single sonic goal "to be the ultimate in SPL"" so i think you just need to do your research a lil bit more next time

ask ANYONE what RE's SPL sub is and unless they are retarded they will tell you its the MT i took this straight from RE's webpage "With excelent sound quality and extreme output the SX Series is the epitome of what a daily driving subwoofer should be" and here's what they said about the MT "designed for a single sonic goal "to be the ultimate in SPL"" so i think you just need to do your research a lil bit more next time
Realize that SPL orientation determined by a person is in regards to what they consider loud, you fucking idiot.

Get off your high horse, with your incredible ability to read off a website.

Fall balls first into a knife, honestly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.