15" driver advice

spamynator_1

I have been looking for a good long time at getting a new 15" subwoofer driver and i have come to a few options. I am looking at either the SoundQubed HDS215-d2, 315-d2 or the mtx 55 series 15" d2.

I have heard nothing but good reviews about soundqubed and that seems to be a good company. I have heard that they are power hungry, and i would most likely out of the two take the hds215 over the 315 unless i can be convinced other wise, However i have seen in person on many occasions that MTX has produced a more the logical amount of clean sound for the amount of power they take. I own a MTX blue thunder 12 from the 90's and it is way better than the **** kickers you see at best buy for $400. I am curious what you guys are thinking on this matter.

Links:

MTX: https://www.mtx.com/5515-22-mtx-cat-subwoofer

SoundQubed: SoundQubed HDS312

I've owned both, and side-by-side I'd choose the SoundQubed any day of the week, but at the end of the day it's personal preference and both will probably do the job just fine.

I'd see if you can test both somewhere, preferably side-by-side.

D2 Version, also looking for the 1000-2000 watts range, i am thinking about the HDs315 because i could drive it for now and later i can buy a second amp and drive it better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.