14 gauge + 14 gauge..Whats the final AWG? Need for Temp sub wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

bosco2023
10+ year member

Ok, got ahold of some 14 gauge to hold me over till I get some 10 gauge speaker wire. I need to use it in my box for 2 15's and will only use about 2.5 feet on each side to the inside of the box terminals. if I double it up, what should the final gauge be. Its some leftover scosche? wire that I had left over. looks as if its bigger than some 12 that I have but not same as 10.

Thank you very much for the help.

Rich

Well, then that will save me a few bucks then. i'll just tape it together and crimp it in the spade connectors for the cups. I held the final result up to some 8 that I have, but its no where near that. I know sometimes wire is wire but the 8 is alot finer, i guess cause its power wire.

I was wrong about the brand. It is " Royal Cable" brand. I bought it when i did my ht install in my house. Actually now I went back to recheck it, it doesnt look too bad. I got it from best buy about 2 years ago. Thanks for the input guys!!

Rich

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.