13w7 ported enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fast4door
10+ year member

Team Loud Concepts
Well about 6 months ago I built a Jl Spec ported box. These things are so **** big!! I want to build a box that will fit exactly across my trunk. I guess what my problem is I dont really understand how to tune the port. Should I tune it as close to my vehicles interior frequency response? I am planing on throwing about 2000watts @ her this time, so I don't want to screw up!! The plans I have drawn up seem pretty solid.

External Dimensions: 30" L x 16 1/2" W x 17" H

Internal Dimensions: 27" L x 13 1/2: W x 14" H

This box will be constructed of 1 1/2" MDF all the way around!! The last box flexed like crazy with only 900watts it was constucted to jl spec which is 1" front baffle 3/4" the rest. We hit 147.3 with the last box on an AC meter, so I'm hoping to get some higher numbers!! If anybody can give me some help to possibly achieve this goal, please do all input welcome!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

I'm trying to figure that out my self? WinISD is confusing the **** out of me!! I've talked to a few and they said to tune it to about 27hz but when I had it metered on the old box @30hz they said my tones were to low for the mic to pick up!! Is this possible?

The 1 1/2" mdf will be achieved by bonding 2- 3/4" mdf sheets then cut to size!! Wood glue is god!!

Guess you guys are such RE fans you dont look at anything else, If I post about a 15" XXX you all would blow the **** up out the tread!! This place can be pothetic!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to figure that out my self? WinISD is confusing the **** out of me!! I've talked to a few and they said to tune it to about 27hz but when I had it metered on the old box @30hz they said my tones were to low for the mic to pick up!! Is this possible?The 1 1/2" mdf will be achieved by bonding 2- 3/4" mdf sheets then cut to size!! Wood glue is god!!
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm
http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro

Get your feet wet before you yell at everyone.

Imho, you are wasting your time making 1.5" MDF. 3/4" MDF properly braced will be much easier and probably more effective... and 1" MDF is basically all you would need (with some bracing) for any kind of non-world champ install.... but it is a ***** to work with.
Evidently you dont read because I tried using WinISD and BCAE1 and they come up with 2 tottally different answers. Well Im not listening to your opinion, I have taalked to some others and they say it would be wiser to use 1 1/2" rather than 1" and Ive learned from personal experiance. Cutting 1" MDF can be very dangerous, the chemicles used to bond MDF is worst than asbestos. I can cut all the pieces down and bond them togeather with no harm done.

Evidently you dont read because I tried using WinISD and BCAE1 and they come up with 2 tottally different answers. Well Im not listening to your opinion, I have taalked to some others and they say it would be wiser to use 1 1/2" rather than 1" and Ive learned from personal experiance. Cutting 1" MDF can be very dangerous, the chemicles used to bond MDF is worst than asbestos. I can cut all the pieces down and bond them togeather with no harm done.
Have fun jackass, you asked for an opinion. You are apparently too stupid to realize that WinISD does not include port displacement etc. If you use BCAE's net volume for a ported box in WinISD, it will give you very similar answers.

Anyways, I'm sure you already knew that, and you aren't listening to me anymore... so....

Have fun wasting your time bonding that MDF instead of using a cheap woodworking mask. Seems like you are right on track for a waste of your time. Enjoy!

I will waste my time and I will do it correctly. My system won't sound like **** cause the box wont flex. Ive seen people **** thier **** up because of not supporting thier subs and using one of the programs and relying on them. You sound just like one of them!! Im not here to flame on people, I was just asking for some input on what to tune the port to and achieve higher scores than last time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.