12w7 vs brahma 12

wolfey
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Not that i'd ever even consider getting the 12w7 (mainly because of its high price tag + its jl) i am wondering which of the two is better in terms of spl and sq.. I would think the brahma would win in sq and the w7 in spl? I'm sure there are lots of factors going into it.. but i was looking up the specs on the two and they seem pretty close in terms of application box size etc.. the w7 was a little higher in specs but thats just stuff on paper.. anyone ever heard both?

They're around equal in Sound Quality I believe having not heard a Brahma first hand as of yet(Few more weeks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) Brahma should be louder though and cheaper.

i support the brahma side...but i will ask you something...have you ever designed a box for a jl sub? the box they reccomend is WAY smaller than the box should really be. if you model a brahma 12, it has an alignment of .707 (in other words, best low end/total output balance) in a little under 1 ft3...whereas the jl will reccomend 1 ft3, but model a lot higher in box size than that...plus jl doesnt even list a full set of t/s specs.

eric

nope.. never built a j/l box.. Never even owned a j/l. But hey i am getting a brahma and going to put it in a 1.3 cf sealed box.. would that work good... do you know the volume of the brahma driver that will go in the box.. i'm sure its like .1-.2 at least right? so that should make a little over 1 cf.. that should work good right?

Originally posted by wolfey nope.. never built a j/l box.. Never even owned a j/l. But hey i am getting a brahma and going to put it in a 1.3 cf sealed box.. would that work good... do you know the volume of the brahma driver that will go in the box.. i'm sure its like .1-.2 at least right? so that should make a little over 1 cf.. that should work good right?
building a 1 ft3 box exactly will be almost perfect, but you probably should build it to about 1.1 or so, and brace the hell out of it.

eric

JL is the man.. ive never heard brahama.. but almost got one. i have a 12w7 now and i love it. if you are short on money get brahma but dont dout JL

JL is the man.. ive never heard brahama.. but almost got one. i have a 12w7 now and i love it. if you are short on money get brahma but dont dout JL
1. dont post on 2 year old threads.2. Brahma is better, ive heard both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dude, if you're going to bring back threads, do it in the lounge. not in the main nforum. its not funny here. entertain urself with old lounge forums. otherwise, GTFO

iblotsofflameingandyelling

12w7 > 15brahma........ enough said
HE SPEAKS!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif yes master

A little biased are we?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Warren>Phil:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.