12w7 vs 13w7 off a 800.1

well ive decided on the 12w7.

Emailed PG about the impendance and got this reply:

You could wire the sub parallel .75ohms you are correct, but I do not suggest it. The amp will work but get very warm and draw large amounts of current. The life of the amp will most likely be decreased as well.

Thank you,

Errin Keeling

The amp will be running along with another TI amp powering components in an E46 trunk which is annoyingly well sealed which means it gets hot in there as it is so think 12w7 will be the better option.

Thanks for the help neways guys.

You won't be disappointed either way. You can always wire the 13w7 for the same load as the 12w7 if nothing else, and still get more output than the 12w7.

Personally I SINCERELY doubt any 1 ohm stable amplifier would have any trouble driving a 13w7 in parallel at all...

im kinda suprised PG gave you that answer cause the titanium amps were really stout, but hey guess i was wrong along w/ everyone else.
Well, he didn't seem to think it was likely that the amp was going to fail, he just wanted to urge some caution, giving the load being presented to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.