magnum or avalanche?

HincklNutt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
im debating on which one of these subs to purchase. i can get either for 250shipped. the magnum isnt the new proto. but it does have the claw basket and whatnot.

im basically wondering which one of these is a better buy. ive never heard a magnum in person. but i have heard an avalanche, and was impressed.

btw, there both 15"

which has the potential to get louder? and how's the sq on the magnum?

i know its another one of the "which woofer's better" type threads, but i figured id ask since most of you guys have had expierience with one of the other.

thanks again,

hincklnutt

I've heard great things about the magnums, but have never heard one in person so I can't comment too heavily. From what I hear though, great SQ and the ability to get loud.

I own an avalanche and I'm very impressed with the sub. It's the cleanest sounding driver I've heard and gets plenty loud for my tastes. You've heard an avalanche though so let that speak more to you than what i say.

In the end they're both good drivers and you should focus on what size box you want to throw in your vehicle, and how much power you'd like to run (though both are quite efficient).

I've got two Avalanches on the way, so I'll drop my vote for Avalanche even though I've heard neither. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

which of the two do you think would do better in a 5cube box @30Hz with around 400watts?(this is my current setup that i built up for my atlas that blew)

ill eventually upgrade the amp, but if i can id like to continue to use the box seeing as i just built it and put a fare amount of work into it

which of the two do you think would do better in a 5cube box @30Hz with around 400watts?(this is my current setup that i built up for my atlas that blew)
ill eventually upgrade the amp, but if i can id like to continue to use the box seeing as i just built it and put a fare amount of work into it

i believe the avalanche is more suited for sealed boxes but i could be wrong. i the SI recommends 4 cubes for the 15 but given you are feeding it 400 watts you should be fine. also i believe each preform very well with little power.

I'll take the magnum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loved mine, only way I'd go with the avalanche is if I got mine custom...which I can do...but decided not to....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

I'll take the magnum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Loved mine, only way I'd go with the avalanche is if I got mine custom...which I can do...but decided not to....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG
How could you get the Avalanche custom? I asked about D4 coils and they said they couldn't be done right.....unless you're talking about custom T/S specs.

How could you get the Avalanche custom? I asked about D4 coils and they said they couldn't be done right.....unless you're talking about custom T/S specs.
Other stuff... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

NG

i believe the avalanche is more suited for sealed boxes but i could be wrong. i the SI recommends 4 cubes for the 15 but given you are feeding it 400 watts you should be fine. also i believe each preform very well with little power.
thanks, thats just what i needed.

i think ill go with the 15" mag

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HincklNutt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
HincklNutt
Seattle, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date