12inch type R that needs help.

bull ****, if you put a road gear amp to 1 ohm it would start a fire
Why would I lie, I have no reason to impress anybody, I don't even have a system anymore, and none the less with road gear. I was simply stating a fact that it doesn't take much power to get decent sound, and unless something is wrong with the output on that amp, meaning it isn't putting out even close to what it was rated for.

The road gear amp I had was $37 brand new. I think you are right, it isn't 2-ohm stable. I blew the first one I had, but I got another and was very careful. My system sounded good for what I had, and believe me I got many compliments from the setup I had for the price I paid. The amp would go into thermal protection, when it hit certain frequency's, if the volume was up to high. I later upgraded to the Kenwood 729S, and of course it sounded much better, and I do still have the roadgear amp, and was thinking about using it in a project I have coming up.

Hey maybe try a sony d-class amp they put out 600rms@2 ohms and 1000rms@1 ohm,I have one and it is a really nice amp for around $200 or so.It sounds clean and pushes subs really hard.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well guys I turned my gains all the way up and it hits ok then my cd player to club,xplod,and custom mode a little boomier. I think when I add that other sub it will hit hard! But is there a way to wire two dvc subs with my 4 channel amp to get lower than 4ohm I have seen the amp has been rated at 2ohm and some sites at 4 but I will take my chances with 4. I think I might try to sell the amp at school. I only paid 130 on the **** thing at ebay. I have money problems if i do sell it what should I go with the jbl 1200.1 or give me some other good ones for the product. The box is sealed bought it done and it looks to be completely sealed but cant tell cuz carpet but it is dual chamber and well anyway looks to be ok. But I think a new wiring configuration would help if I could acheive lower ohms. HELP ME PLEASE! OH and thanks for all the replies.

My bad, I messed up, I was running the road gear @ 1-ohm and fried it in 10 min., I had the bazookas running @ 2-ohms. I don't think the amp was 2-ohms stable though. Anyhow, I was just using that to make a point that you don't need a whole lot of power to make a sub move. Now, don't you all go out and buy road gear, just used a sh!tty amp as an example.

i shouldn't say it didn't move my type r 15, but the 250/1 was not nearly enough to power it, it didn't hit very hard like it does with my 1200d. the 500/1 does it nicely.

i personaly agree its the amp, thats actually a very good sub, and your runninng it on a pretty crappy amp

before i went out and replaced everything, i'd fix up the enclosure, if its ported, makesure its tuned right. Run new wire, makesure you know your headunit

if **** still doesnt sound right, test out a friends amp, in your set up. If its ok, well obviously its the amp

The JBl amp is great for the price

theres alot of amps out there to try

Guys no problems anymore woohoo! I had it wired in 8 ohm with the negative on one vc to the positive of the other and it was 8ohm. Now i have it wired to two and got enough speaker wire to face the sub backwards in the hatchback firebird. It hit hellishsly low and hard shacks everything awsome and i feel good knowing i have one more to stick in there too. thanks for all the help i still might get those kicker amps from a friend though the zr240' s to push clean watts. It is going to be awsome i love it so much recommend the subs to anyone.

Your gains are not maxed anymore though I hope...

That is a big NO NO in any situation......

just checking! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

-zane

Wooo ya they sort of are but i only have 1 sub running off it should it be ok or do i need to turn it to 2/3's the way up your call but i wasnt going to turn it all the way down til i get the other sub in.

The Alpine R's are the best subs I ever owned! I have 2 12"dvc in a sealed box powered by a JBL 1200.1 amp. wired for a 4ohm load. The amp is maxed out but the subs hit really hard and never distort. These subs are great. anyway just wanted to give you an update on how this amp worked with these subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.