125w x 4 Ch Under $250

Undisputed King
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CenCal
I need suggestions on an amplifier that will be running my soon to be ordered Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5" components and some rear fill. And if i dont like them I still want the power to later down the road push some Pioneer C720PRS or something. I want somewhere around 125wrms x 4 @ 4 ohms. Would it be an bad idea to put that type of power to some 65wrms rear fill speakers?

I was looking at buying the ZX650.4 next week, any other suggestions? I need suggestions under $250 dollars shipped. I currently have 2 x Orion HP-2400 (85wx2) but im looking to just buy 1 amp, I dont like the ideas of 2 amps, I had 4 orion amps on the back wall of my ext cab, but I just got tired of all the wiring and dist blocks needed. So I ordered a US AMPS MD3D and looking to order a 4 ch amp for my mids/highs.

I want some good SQ capability. Not for SQL, but I just want to be able to hear detail in the music. I had an old kicker Impulse(50wx2) for my components, and switched to a Orion HP2400 (85Wx2) and wow what a difference in SQ. It sounded way cleaner. I just want something that will make the components sound crisp if you know what I mean. Thanks!

i just got the AQ90x4 but its powering 4 infinity kappas at 2ohms so its actually 120x4 and that thing is bad ass. I had a Fosgate p500.2 before, 225x2 @ 2ohms and the AQ is way more crisp, clear, and LOUD. those infinities are screaming. But if ur speakers are rated at 65wrms, i would take it easy with 150 watts per. IMO i think the AQ would be perfect and for $225, i think its a hell of a deal.

eclipse 4000d is on sale at sonicelectronix for 199.../end thread
wow that is an awesome find. Thanks, I think that will be my next amp. So hands down it is an awesome amp? Well compared to the ZX650.4 it will walk all over it? I see its class D, will that make a difference in SQ? Well thanks for the help guys. I hope they dont run out by this weekend.

wow that is an awesome find. Thanks, I think that will be my next amp. So hands down it is an awesome amp? Well compared to the ZX650.4 it will walk all over it? I see its class D, will that make a difference in SQ? Well thanks for the help guys. I hope they dont run out by this weekend.
it's an awesome amp. Will do rated power and more though i'm sure the Kicker is the same. Just depends on the price difference

Well I can get the kicker ZX650.4 at $210 shipped new, and that Eclipse at $235 shipped since I am in California. At those prices I want to see some opinions on which you guys would choose? I'm pretty much sold on that Eclipse, but I just want to see what you guys would choose for the price.

the Eclipse XA4000 amplifier is no longer made. I know sonic says it is on back order but your not going to get one. They are great amps though.

I owned both. I swapped out my 650.4 for an Alpine PDX 4.150. Swapped that out for the Eclipse. I'm sure there's better, but not at that price point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.