12 XXX To 2 12 inch RLPS

lol thanks. Well if ihad money to run 2 XXX's sealed i dunno. i dont really like the way it sounds. i guess thats just my personal prefrence. Maybe ill get a cheap sealed box and see how it does in that. im trying to trade for 2 idmaxs i think i will enjoy those. or i could always just get a RLS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol but then again thats out of my league. id need 600 dollers worth of amps to power it.

^^Gotta love all the XXX owners bashing the sub they've never heard before...

I suggest you seek the advice of people who have owned both subs and are experienced in installations, and not heed the verbiage of a bunch of people who only own XXX's and base all their information about the Rl-p off of message board posts.
If you are pointing those ^^'s at me, where did I 'bash' any sub? And where did I make any comment that required owning both subs? The XXX has more displacement potential, therefore sealed it has more output potential, and it has a flatter BL curve. Those are not one-liners picked up off some message board, they are facts. Is me saying that 'bashing' the Rl-p? Nope. If you think it is, Id suggest you are being too sensitive. *shrug*
I guess a guy can't make positive comments about XXX's around here anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Definately try that XXX sealed, should sound more to your liking. You might be pleasantly surprised since I've seen many say they sound very similar to Brahmas. Although I've also read that they don't sound close from a few people. I guess it just depends on install.

If you still don't like the sound of XXX when its sealed, give those IDMaxs a shot.. or better yet, try one of the new mags.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If you are pointing those ^^'s at me, where did I 'bash' any sub? And where did I make any comment that required owning both subs? The XXX has more displacement potential, therefore sealed it has more output potential, and it has a flatter BL curve. Those are not one-liners picked up off some message board, they are facts. Is me saying that 'bashing' the Rl-p? Nope. If you think it is, Id suggest you are being too sensitive. *shrug*
I guess a guy can't make positive comments about XXX's around here anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
it's funny because whenever there's an rl-p vs xxx thread you go around acting like you've heard the rl-p, when everyone knows your main intent on these boards is to push RE's products onto everyone.

it's all over your post history. you get upset whenever people talk badly about RE and you always side with RE whenever people make comparisons against them.

well from having owned two rlp's and a xxx I must say that they do sound awesome. Both have great output but if i had to choose two rlp's or one xxx def two rlp's hands down.

I would pick the RL-p's, even sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

it's funny because whenever there's an rl-p vs xxx thread you go around acting like you've heard the rl-p, when everyone knows your main intent on these boards is to push RE's products onto everyone.
it's all over your post history. you get upset whenever people talk badly about RE and you always side with RE whenever people make comparisons against them.
Oh I see, so the fact that you feel my history shows some bias towards RE, any positive mention of an RE product automatically falls under the category of 'bashing' the other product? I did not ask for your interpretations of my post history or my intentions, I asked you to produce a quote, from this thread, by me, that 'bashed' the Rl-p. You can't do it, because I didn't, and you know it. Not to mention, I often times recommend other brands over RE products, depending on the situation. If you've read my post history, you'd know that. But you haven't, you only see what you want to see, like me 'bashing' the Rl-p here. What a joke. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

edit: and where in this thread have I said I have or have not heard an Rl-p? You should stick to commenting on things you know directly, rather than worry about my comments.

Where in this thread did I make a comment that needs hearing both? Never answered that question either, did ya?

BTW, I have heard an Rl-p now. Nice try, but again you fall short.

Let me repost what I originally typed, since you so clearly mis-read it:

"Buy another XXX and run them sealed. They will have alot more output than dual Rl-p's and have excellent SQ. Which would have 'better' SQ is personal preference. However to those who say the Rl-p 'owns' the xxx in SQ, the xxx outputs less distortion than the Rl-p. Beyond that it will be perseronal preference."

Have a nice day.

not to interrupt ur Jerry springer sub bashing not bashing argument but i Did end up going with 2 Idmax 12's and they will be getting 900-1000 watts each. Now the question is. Ported tuned real low. Or should i seal them. I dont wanna lose the output i had with my XXX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.