12" Xcon with 2500 watts... is this bs?

220 amps at 1200 engine RPMs sounds way too good to be true especially without an overdrive pulley. Not even a comparable sized hairpin will do that and they are more efficient than an S-wound alternator.
When you buy cheap rewound alternators, you get fire hazards like Tenney alts that need to be revved up to 4k for max output, which is still below what it's rated.
im sure full output isnt @ 1200 RPM but its the same case as alot of other highend alts. its not a highend alt but it is a decent alt. i cant justfiy pay 2 dollars an amp. we both know that overpiced..

I bought a db electric alt for my 99 mountaineer with 5.0 v8 motor. It was the 220amp, the first one they sent me didn't work, sent it back and got a new one. That one at idle my headlights would be dim a fvck and barley any output, but as soon as you got to 1200rpm+ it would start to work good. I'd never buy one again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.