12" subwoofer help need to find a sub that can play heavy bass

civicsi2009

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and need help deciding on what type of 12" sub to buy. I am currently running a sony 1200 watt amp and blew 2 different subs recently. I have been running 1 sub bridged to this amp. The sub seems to work fine when I listen to most music, but when I start playing any type of EDM or electronic it starts to smoke then eventually stop playing music. I started with a Alpine S sub then a Pioneer and now have nothing. If anyone who plays heavy bass music could help I greatly appreciate it!! I just don't want to destroy another sub that I blindly buy.

Ive never smoked a woofer but did have a difficult time getting the sound out of new woofer. I tuned it many times and it wasnt until I tuned it with everything in my headunit turned off or down and everything on my amp turned down that I finally nalied it and cant even believe how far off the difference makes. Are you tuning your amp?

Ok I was hoping not to get an amp because I didn't want to spend more money and I had this amp (it's probably at least 10 years old) lying around and figured I'd use it. What amp/subwoofer combo do you recommend?

Preferably $500 or less and I would like to use one 12" sub.
HDS300 Bundle

This is the absolute best and loudest deal you can get with that budget. With 70$ to spare for a proper amp kit. It will completely destroy whatever setups you've previously had and build quality is worlds apart.. Get the 12" D2 version.

However, regardless of what you buy, if you dont know what exactly what you did wrong, you'll smoke everything else you buy too. Learn from your mistakes. YOU BLEW the woofers, the woofers did not give out. Google up how to set gains with a digital multi meter.

Buy a multi-meter

Dont use cheap wires,

Learn to set gains properly via Digital Multi Meter method (youtube and google is your friend)

NEVER use bass boost on head unit OR amp.

Never have the gains past 70%

If your using a ported enclosure, learn what a subsonic filter is.

Monitor your battery voltages when you play full blast. Anything under 12 V is redline, shit will blow i repeat shit WILL blow.

What kind of sub box do you have your subs in right now? premade or custom?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.