12" Subwoofer for a 1990 Corvette

Participant count
  • Participant list
What do you recommend in the 200-240 range. The belva is just out of my bracket.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/605750-precision-power-ppi-bk1800-1d.html personally its the best amp you can get right now for your budget, you'll get more then its rated rms. Get over any fear of buying used kuz you have paypal to protect and reimburse you if anything goes sour. Thats one of the best budget amps out there and thats a great for it, its not gonna last much longer.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/605750-precision-power-ppi-bk1800-1d.html personally its the best amp you can get right now for your budget, you'll get more then its rated rms. Get over any fear of buying used kuz you have paypal to protect and reimburse you if anything goes sour. Thats one of the best budget amps out there and thats a great for it, its not gonna last much longer.
Well I tried to buy it but it sold this morning so. Whats the next option?

For anyone following this thread I was able to get a Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D brand new on eBay for $199. So, so far I have the SoundQubed HDS312 subwoofer and the PPI BK1800.1D in a small sealed box. This weekend I am building my new box. Which will be one of the following designs. (I will be posting pictures as the day goes on and will be carpeting it also.)

2cu feet @32hz

2cubes32hz24sqin21my.png

2.5cu feet @32hz

25cubes32hz3125sqin0zp.png

so I will do some more measuring and we will see how it turns out. Remember my car is very tiny in the back and really close to my head lol.

46nSWgy.jpg
zIXhyaG.jpg
oFLYC3I.jpg

Finally got done and oh my good lord. Running approx 300-400rms watts from my amplifier (I know its underpowered it only until I get my PPI BK1800 in). It sounds like God is shaking my house down. I'm literally scared for my life when I get my amp in Monday. Carpet comes tomorrow!

eFVF75M.jpg

ldAnYO7.jpg

EzzWFg7.jpg

jtctXHR.jpg

i had a re sx 18" in 5.5 cubes net tuned to 34hz in my vette - on 1200watts it was insane. fiberglass cars do not flex - i realley miss that car and setup.

i was prett stupid still back then when i had that car - and put a optima yellow top under the hood - still had voltage issues and put a kenetik 800 size battery in one of the behind the seat compartments back there and was good.

but optima batterys are terrible - and one good agm battery up front would have kept me going.

i had a re sx 18" in 5.5 cubes net tuned to 34hz in my vette - on 1200watts it was insane. fiberglass cars do not flex - i realley miss that car and setup.
That looks awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

also forgot to add - that my rear glass latch would make awfull rattle noise - until one day i decided to go thru it and make it shut as tight as i could make the glass press down against the rubber. then it was much less "noisy" haha

hope you dont have to much issues with the "rattles" in the rear compartment - on my vette all the plastic trim pieces would vibrate against eachother and make noise - i ended up using 3m foam double sided tape at all the joints where they meet up and screw together as a buffer to keep contact noise from being so annoying

i had a re sx 18" in 5.5 cubes net tuned to 34hz in my vette - on 1200watts it was insane. fiberglass cars do not flex - i realley miss that car and setup.i was prett stupid still back then when i had that car - and put a optima yellow top under the hood - still had voltage issues and put a kenetik 800 size battery in one of the behind the seat compartments back there and was good.

but optima batterys are terrible - and one good agm battery up front would have kept me going.

Holy. I wanted SOME room in my back area. I am going to start flipping my box around to get best sound reproduction when I get this carpet on. That box is massive btw lol.

So I decided to just staple one corner because I ran out of the 3M adhesive spray and I will say right now it looks phenomenal!

6H9weUU.jpg

MKtR2nu.jpg

xz08fhr.jpg
we had it laying on some boards so my positive and negative terminals didn't get pushed through the table

niNR6Vb.jpg
Waiting on my new amp to come in!

also forgot to add - that my rear glass latch would make awfull rattle noise - until one day i decided to go thru it and make it shut as tight as i could make the glass press down against the rubber. then it was much less "noisy" hahahope you dont have to much issues with the "rattles" in the rear compartment - on my vette all the plastic trim pieces would vibrate against eachother and make noise - i ended up using 3m foam double sided tape at all the joints where they meet up and screw together as a buffer to keep contact noise from being so annoying
Just saw this. I have no rattles what so ever in my vette. These cars were sound proofed so good with all the foam padding and adhesive tape under the carpet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.