12" Sub with box

Participant count
  • Participant list

goldmax99
10+ year member

miami
Great site you have here. I need advise on a sub. I'll be powering her with a soundstream rubicon 702. Not sure which sub to get yet, I like the price of the Kicker cvx12 but I love the look and reviews of the FI Q12. Either way I need a sealed box that will blend into the back of the trunk of my 95 Nissan Maxima. Where can I buy one that will looks nice and professional, but even more importantly sounds great.

i have a cvx, its nice, hits the lows ok, but id probably go fi if you want a monster ass sub...

as for the box, you cant really buy one pre-made that sounds ok. once in awhile you can find a box the right size and tuning, but its built like a tiki shack... best bet with that is find out all dimensions of the trunk area and have someone here design you a box. thats all i got

i have a cvx, its nice, hits the lows ok, but id probably go fi if you want a monster ass sub...as for the box, you cant really buy one pre-made that sounds ok. once in awhile you can find a box the right size and tuning, but its built like a tiki shack... best bet with that is find out all dimensions of the trunk area and have someone here design you a box. thats all i got
Thanks for your great advice. Have you ever heard an FI in person?

i would have to pick the FI over kicker myself. as far as a box goes, take a few measurements and talk to someone like BJ Fisher, or there is some other guys that make some vary nice stuff here to.

One thing that worries me is buying from a brand new small company over a well known electronics manufacturer. I'm going to start a new thread to gauge ppls opinions on FI as a company.

After reading some more I'm now stuck between the Fi Q12, the SSA Icon 12, and the new SI Mag 12. What do you all think?
trust me when i say if you start a thread asking people about FI you are going to get flamed more than youll get any useful responses. use the search button and you will get countless number of FI threads.

im not sure that ive heard someone actually say anything bad about FI as a company or questioning the product they make. general consensus on this forum is FI is a great product.

trust me when i say if you start a thread asking people about FI you are going to get flamed more than youll get any useful responses. use the search button and you will get countless number of FI threads.
im not sure that ive heard someone actually say anything bad about FI as a company or questioning the product they make. general consensus on this forum is FI is a great product.
Thanks bro but all I'm trying to get is help in deciding between these highly rated subs. I'm not trying to put any of them down. I will just skip over any flames that I see, which I haven't seen any I think. Since my chances of actually hearing these subs before buying are slim I need the next best thing...strangers' advice!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.