12" Solo Baric L7 Enclosure

bumpinit

Does anyone have any preference for enclosures on a 12" L7. I had an older one in a sealed box but I am upgrading to the '06 L7 model. This will be going in my '02 Accord. I have never used a ported/slotted box. Just thinking I may like the sound out of it since I like a lot of bass. Just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences with either box with an L7. Thanks!

I just ordered a s12l7 and put together plans to build a slott ported box @ 3.25 cu/ft @ 32 Hz. Which is pretty close to the specs that Kicker put out. Build off the manfucture specs and you will be in a good ball park. I have done this for the last 3 drivers I purchased and have been very happy with the outcome.

Depends on power your gonna put on it.

2.5 at 36-38hz is fine,but if you only have lower power under 1000watts then go with a 3 cube and 35-38hz.Both with around 40 square of port area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.