12" NVX VCW124 Subwoofer 1000 watts RMS

if i might add the ID max and incriminator flatlyne are two of the best sounding subs i've heard. both better than the IDQ. don't get new amps. get a better sub stage. throw a IDmax or jbl gti in there ported tuned low.
I’m very pleased with the current substage. But thanks for your input.

Good point and that is appreciated so thank you for staying positive, (having a bad day today). I do realize that what Alpine is specifying for a ported box may be too small for that subwoofer. I didn’t check it but just assumed Alpine wouldn’t specify a box that is too small, although I do see the light now. I built a box for my 10” Alpine exactly to the larger ported specifications in the Alpine manual, which is a 1+ cu ft ported box tuned to 35 Hz and it sounds very good in the Sienna. I assumed the same would be true for the 12” version but now that it is pointed out to me the box does seem a bit too small. The box I used for the 12” is tuned to 32 HZ if I remember right.
My thoughts are to use the Alpine 12 for possibly my truck in a custom built angled sealed box behind the seat if I can make it fit come this summer with my Mono GTX500 amp. Also considering two Dayton Audio 10” shallow for that maybe. The NVX I’m curious about and really wanted to try something a little different with more power capability, a lower fs, and stronger motor. I don’t mind spending the money on the more powerful sub and part of the fun of this is trying new and different setups, which I know most of you can understand. So yes the ported box for the Alpine 12 was not ideal for sound quality. The TS parameters for that sub also lend themselves in favor of a sealed box, where it’s 10” smaller brother is more 50/50. I’m looking for something that has the sound qaulity of my 10” ported with more SPL and can go lower, given the tuning is correct. I do like the way that the current Alpine 12 sounds sealed now and if I didn’t have this desease for wanting to constantly improve and try new equipment in car audio and home audio than I would be perfectly happy with my Alpine.
why do you even need to go lower when all the music genres you listed doesn't go anywhere lower than 35hz?

Literally every other factor we listed is what makes or breaks your sub setup that you are completely ignoring. Sub swaps alone wont do anything unless you address core install issues. Keeping on topic is one thing but actually getting you proper results is the key goal here. Really cant be tunnel visioning on the sub quality alone. BTW all the locals that had nvx subs, all swapped it out. Mediocre as fk.

A video? Do you want to demo my car or your headphones in mono?
serious.... cant even go past a few volume clicks without the phone mic taking a sh*t let alone getting stereo separation and recording or any kind of clarity from a phone mic.

I can barely move right now. Waiting on back surgery number 2
I am a pro at surgery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Had two discs done 10 years ago, 1 bicep 4 years ago and a tricep, bicep and shoulder this year...

I am a pro at surgery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Had two discs done 10 years ago, 1 bicep 4 years ago and a tricep, bicep and shoulder this year...
Yeah it’s bs. They did a laminectomy last year to “try it”. Now it’s more bulges and more tears. Military medical. Try the cheapest first but ends up costing more anyway. And a possible med retire but I’m close to 20 years anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.