12" NVX VCW124 Subwoofer 1000 watts RMS

Jcsaudio

Senior VIP Member
12" NVX VCW124 Subwoofer 1000 watts RMS. Curious if anyone has any experience with this subwoofer?

Also considering the NVX NVX 12" X-Series subwoofer and maybe two of those. They are made by SB Acoustics for NVX.

I cut and paste this from the sticky so as to not waste time:

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows):12”

Budget: ~$300 just for the sub

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Infinity Kappa K1000 at 2 ohms 1000 watts RMS (1250 certified dyno at two ohms) and 700 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (800 on dyno)

Space available (take measurements, do not guess):want to stay under 2 cubs so sealed seems best but will consider ported if the sub is designed for ported. I will figure this out on my own

Goals: want a SQ sub that is more powerful than 500 watts PE

Listening habits: everything

Preferred brands/subs/whatever:would like to try underground stuff such as SSA, FI, Incriminator but most of those subs require more than 1000 watts RMS to reach their potential

Deleted this part to stay on the main topic for the NVX subs listed above.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Darth,

The subwoofer requires a huge box and the FU 750 is in my mind more of a SPL subwoofer. It is also a high Q sub. I appreate the offer though. A 12” seems to be the best compromise between being fast/accurate and making deep bass and not requiring a huge box.

Hey Darth,
The subwoofer requires a huge box and the FU 750 is in my mind more of a SPL subwoofer. It is also a high Q sub. I appreate the offer though. A 12” seems to be the best compromise between being fast/accurate and making deep bass and not requiring a huge box.
No worries friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if you know anyone that would trade a 4 channel for it lemme know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

No worries friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if you know anyone that would trade a 4 channel for it lemme know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Hmmm..... a swap for a 4 channel for the FU..... put me down for a maybe on that....

EXO did a blow through truck build with a bunch of VCW's a while back, theres a vid on his youtube channel, they got down pretty good. I think there are better subs out there for the money. A low tuned ported 10 would take up around 2 cf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

EXO did a blow through truck build with a bunch of VCW's a while back, theres a vid on his youtube channel, they got down pretty good. I think there are better subs out there for the money. A low tuned ported 10 would take up around 2 cf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Yeah but is it "fast"!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I really like the vcw been thinking about getting 1 of a yr price has dropped but idk about 1 sub sealed.. either get a 10 ported than can handle that amp or get a 12 that can work in 1.6 or so cf ad ported box.. or get 2 "lighter" subs sealed (nvx had some good looking lower subs).. 1 ported or 2 sealed..

I really like the vcw been thinking about getting 1 of a yr price has dropped but idk about 1 sub sealed.. either get a 10 ported than can handle that amp or get a 12 that can work in 1.6 or so cf ad ported box.. or get 2 "lighter" subs sealed (nvx had some good looking lower subs).. 1 ported or 2 sealed..
This thread about you again?

no apparently it's about u again., since u didn't suggest anything to op..
Uh, no. I didn't make any comment as I felt I didn't need to. You on the other hand started in on some subs about what YOU should/might get. Pretty pointless helping OP don'tcha think

Oh, C’mon man! Can we keep the flame war crap out of at least this thread?

I was just looking to hear from someone who has experience with these NVX subwoofers. I did try the Alpine in a net ported 1.5 cub box tuned to 32 hz per Alpine specifications. It sounds better in the sealed box and muddy in the ported box. The 10” version I have is a different story and sounds great in the ported box.

Oh, C’mon man! Can we keep the flame war crap out of at least this thread?
I was just looking to hear from someone who has experience with these NVX subwoofers. I did try the Alpine in a net ported 1.5 cub box tuned to 32 hz per Alpine specifications. It sounds better in the sealed box and muddy in the ported box. The 10” version I have is a different story and sounds great in the ported box.
sounded muddy because its a poor box design simple as that. Get someone that actually knows how to build an SQ tuned ported box suited for your vehicle acoustics and listening preferences. Based on your music tastes, 32hz is a horrible tune for you. Manufacturer recommended for mainstream companies are just the bare minimum, they dont recommend bigger because of marketing reasons. 1.5 cube for a 12 is way too small considering the type S is undermotored.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.