12" Kicker Solo X enclosure help

bostonkid92
10+ year member

Hi everyone, first post on here.

Okay, so through a trade, I got a 12" Kicker Solo X, the '07 model, in a ported box. The box looked to be on the small side to what a Solo X should be in and when I measured it, it turns out it is. If I did the math right, there's about 2 cubic feet of space not counting the port and about 3 cubic feet with the port. Basically, is this box useless? I'm thinking maybe one of my L7's could work in it but idk. Does this box sound way to small for the sub? Anyone one here with a 12" Solo X that could give me some advice on what box and port size worked well for them?

Any help would be great since I'm not too sure what to do. Thanks in advance.

29Wx20Dx20H sub up port on bottom 4hx24wx18 around 6.71 gross and 5.2 net 96 square in. of port worked great for me tuning around 36

wow that's huge. is there somewhere online I could buy a box? for some reason building one myself really overwhelms me. I always want it to be perfect and to spec and I just don't want to mess it up

wow. well, I have a civic so idk how big I could really go haha. somebody offered me 2 15" Kicker CVX's (2010 models) but idk, I'd like to keep the Solo X

wow. well, I have a civic so idk how big I could really go haha. somebody offered me 2 15" Kicker CVX's (2010 models) but idk, I'd like to keep the Solo X
I'd stick with the solo X. In the right box and right power it will do pretty good, and when people ask what you got, you can just be like "oh it's just a 12" lol

exactly. plus, nobody around has one. idk, i really want to keep it but I'm just not into building a box myself. it's not that I'm lazy, I just get overwhelmed easily. I've called everyone around and they all quoted me between $200-$300 for a 2.5 cubic foot box for my hcca so who knows what crazy price they'd give me for a 4-6 cubic foot box for this. the sad thing is the kid I got the solo x from got the box it's in right now "custom made" for the solo x by some shop near me so if they're charging people crazy prices for incorrect sized boxes, idk what to do

okay i decided i'd like to keep the solo x. is there somewhere online that i could find plans for the box that it should be in? also, how do i calculate what the box is tuned to?

I thought what solo x really liked was much larger than what Kicker gave specs for. You are going to have to check to see if the "right" box actually fits in your car. I think they end up being huge.

29Wx20Dx20H sub up port on bottom 4hx24wx18 around 6.71 gross and 5.2 net 96 square in. of port worked great for me tuning around 36
This was pretty much what I recommended Nate, and is very close to the specs I ran for my 12" Xs. I know it's huge, but they are really happy in 4.75-5.5 cu after displacement w/ roughly 16-18 sq. in of port per cu. Trust me.

And you had a Kicker Pony powering your pair?

This was pretty much what I recommended Nate, and is very close to the specs I ran for my 12" Xs. I know it's huge, but they are really happy in 4.75-5.5 cu after displacement w/ roughly 16-18 sq. in of port per cu. Trust me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.