12" Fi Q Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

tooshort_128
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I know Fi recommends 1.5 cubes max for a sealed enclosure for this sub, but has anyone put one in a bigger sealed box? I'm probably going to go the sealed route because of space limitations but was wondering if a slightly bigger than recommended box would help or hurt the situation. It's got the BP option and will see about 1200rms.

As stated in the first post, I'm looking into going sealed to save space in my trunk of my car. I was thinking that by making the box slightly bigger, it would help offset some of the decrease in output.

As stated in the first post, I'm looking into going sealed to save space in my trunk of my car. I was thinking that by making the box slightly bigger, it would help offset some of the decrease in output.
You would end up with a bloated low end, and a decrease in mechanical power handling at lower frequencies.

I'm pretty sure, but it's just a guess, that the manufacturer recommends those sizes for a reason.

Sealed sounds great, bigger sealed isn't going to help; its going to hurt. Personally I would go 1.25 cu, but its your build so get some more opinions before making any final decisions.

My calc. software found on the web somewhere, says approx. 1.1 for a 0.707 box (F3=43.55), and 0.75 for a 0.8 box (F3=44.21). Have not a clue as to where you would land with 1.5 ft^3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.