12" Fi Car Audio Q vs 12" Stereo Integrity Mag D2(Comparo Pics)

If you are to ignorant to read the thread or know who loyd is you just need to click the little x in the upper right hand corner of your screen
I believe Loyd knows that answer better than me.

He stated that I better not be talking about him. I was trying to say that if he was a SI dealer, then I guess I was talking about him. Not really trying to be a smart ass guys.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Pataintly waits for DBdom's results.

Every time someone uses the term SQL, God kills a kitten...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL.

ya know... prolly.

Every time someone uses the term SQL, God kills a kitten...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thats funny because on SI's own website they describe the Mag as an "SQL" woofer.

I just wanna know what your gripe with the term is since the only thing it means to me is a good sounding woofer that has the ability to get loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Mag does a couple things better than the Q
Q does a couple things better than the Mag

both do a couple things better than a bunch of woofers..

Loyd L.
very nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm glad you posted a very vague statement to clear up all this debate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

they do look similar to the novice, though.

642894_264_full.jpg

if you posted that pic and told people you got a pair of the same subs, most people wouldn't argue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but they are very different subs, one says Fi on the dust cap and the other says Stereo Integrity //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hundreth - what are your $20 headphones?

i'm pretty confident you could spend a lot of time and money setting up a car to sound as good as the KSC75's (

but cars have way more bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL, prolly SQL.

ya know... prolly.
o rly?

Not sure... especially since the Mag is now being built in CHINA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
All SI Mags previously sold and/or that are now being sold are made in the USA. Future revisions may or may not be made in the USA, but all current generation Mags are made in the USA.

The BM, on the other hand, is not made in the USA.

Nothing wrong with building products outside of the USA. If you source to a quality factory and tell them to build you a good product, they will as long as you are willing to pay for it. Problem is that when most companies go overseas they tell the factory to build it the cheapest way possible. SI is doing the former and is producing a high quality product, the BM, overseas.

I would have to say the Q looks to use beefier parts as opposed to the mag.
I think that "beefier" is the wrong word to use when describing the differences between the Mag and Q coils. The Q uses a larger gauge of wire, yes. This doesn't make it better, worse, or "beefier" so to speak. This means that the Q required a different gauge wire to achieve the desired parameters with the desired coil height.

The Q has an Re of 1.4 ohms and the Mag 1.75 ohms per coil. The larger gauge wire gave Fi a lower Re, a lower BL (less turns in the gap), and a few other parameter shifts. Again, different parameters... but I wouldn't go as far as to call the Q "beefier" in this regard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I would say that "different" is the correct word to use here.

With coils in paraller you have 0.7 ohms on the Fi Q and 0.875 ohms on the Mag, which is actually a 25% higher DC resistance on the part of the Mag. This could account for some of the differences you are hearing, due to slightly more power being delivered to the Q... although a 25% increase in DC resistance won't cause a night and day difference by any means.

I think that "beefier" is the wrong word to use when describing the differences between the Mag and Q coils. The Q uses a larger gauge of wire, yes. This doesn't make it better, worse, or "beefier" so to speak. This means that the Q required a different gauge wire to achieve the desired parameters with the desired coil height.
The Q has an Re of 1.4 ohms and the Mag 1.75 ohms per coil. The larger gauge wire gave Fi a lower Re, a lower BL (less turns in the gap), and a few other parameter shifts. Again, different parameters... but I wouldn't go as far as to call the Q "beefier" in this regard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I would say that "different" is the correct word to use here.

With coils in paraller you have 0.7 ohms on the Fi Q and 0.875 ohms on the Mag, which is actually a 25% higher DC resistance on the part of the Mag. This could account for some of the differences you are hearing, due to slightly more power being delivered to the Q... although a 25% increase in DC resistance won't cause a night and day difference by any means.

well said.

If you are to ignorant to read the thread or know who loyd is you just need to click the little x in the upper right hand corner of your screen

Who is this loyd guy you speak of ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Who is this loyd guy you speak of ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
he's that guy who knows nothing until he holds a sub over his head and all it's power is transferred into his brainpan.....

i think.......

maybe.......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.