12" CVX Box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

95BlazerLT4wd
10+ year member

Would a single 12" cvx sound good in a 2.5^-3^ tuned at 32hz? Which would be better at smashing the lows but still be able to play some of the punchier frequencies 2.5^ or 3^ at 32hz. Any other recommendations are accepted.

I listen to rock rap and reggae if that helps

would someone beable to sketch up a ported box for me to build, im not good with all the numbers, its the hands on stuff im good with not the math lol, i would like it to be 2.5^ at 32hz, i figured i would build the one from the free box plans, then i realized that i would have to change it because of the subwoofer correct? please help me out here..

The free plans are awesome. Moe made those. Any plan you see that is 2.5 @32 hz will do, just make sure the height of the box is big enough for a 15".

The free plans are awesome. Moe made those. Any plan you see that is 2.5 @32 hz will do, just make sure the height of the box is big enough for a 15".
but the plan does not account for the sub displacement?

but the plan does not account for the sub displacement?
Yes the plans do account for sub displacement.

Many years ago Moe used to design and build for people on this forum. He doesn't come around as often but he knew his stuff.

Oh yeah, reading>me I thought I saw a 15".

He has a 12.... :/
24"L x 17"W x 14"H ( W meaning Deep )

Port - 4"H x 4"L x 16"W ( W meaning Deep ) ( Port on the side, speaker in the front ).
so is this is 2.5^ at 32hz accounting for 1 cvx?

Yes the plans do account for sub displacement.Many years ago Moe used to design and build for people on this forum. He doesn't come around as often but he knew his stuff.

Oh yeah, reading>me I thought I saw a 15".
you may be right but how could it account for the displacement when every sub is different?

Not all subs are the same, but in general the amount one 12" displaces vs. another different 12" is TRIVIAL. It really won't matter it is like .01 or .02 difference.

Oh and the sub is not going to take up .63 cu. ft. it is more like .17 cu. ft.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.