12 inch subwoofer help

keeslim

So Ive been through 5 different speakers with the same amp. A set of Memphis 10's, a cheap dual 12 from walmart, and a pioneer 12 from walmart. Recently my pioneer busted and I had buy a new subwoofer. After hooking it up it sounds like nothing I've ever heard before. All my other subwoofers had this deep shaking bass that have knocked my rear view mirror off, busted my defroster out, and even cracked my Sideview mirror. Well anyways, I hooked it up and it's soooo weak. Like it can hit the long mids, but everything else is sad. It's just like a bang. It had bass but it's way weaker than my last subs. I'm also using all the same wiring as my others. Please help.

and even cracked my Sideview mirror.
LMAO.jpg

Yea. The dual popped my defroster out of its slot in my old truck. But i blew it after a week. And I can't figure out why the sub isn't hitting as hard as my other ones.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

And don't be a **** you guys. I'm asking for some serious help.

Yea. The dual popped my defroster out of its slot in my old truck. But i blew it after a week. And I can't figure out why the sub isn't hitting as hard as my other ones. 

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

And don't be a **** you guys. I'm asking for some serious help.
I want the truth and exact details before I help. There are cars with 10, 18s and they don't crack glass even side mirrors.

I'm new here but think I learned a little along the way. What enclosure? Ported/sealed? Is the sub matched up for the correct enclosure volume. How about the ohms of the amp vs sub? Prefabbed enclosure? Custom built?

Hoping my questions are kinda on the right track.

All I know is I was driving one day to work and the bass was hitting and I pulled in to my parking spot and looked over and I had a large Crack from end to end. Could it be the reason it's not hitting hard is because it's a shallow sub in a regular box? I know this might be trivial but I am pretty new to it.

Okay, well, definitely not from the bass.

Steps!

1. What car

2. What Amp and Wire

3. What Exact Sub (ohm version too)

4. What box and tuning (prefab i'm assuming)

5. What Headunit (Radio)

6. What is your budget because after being on here everything you ever thought about car audio is going to change.

Enclosure volume is very important in how a sub performs. From my readings on this forum, correct enclosure is critical for optimal sub performance. If both are not match up correctly the sub will not perform properly. The enclosure is actually more important than the sub itself. Do some reading in the many threads in both sub woofer and enclosure sections, you will learn quite a bit in a short amount of time.

If you did all that with some Walmart subs we are the ones who should be asking the questions lol. But yes having a proper box plays a big roll in how your sub will perform and also making sure you have it wired to the correct ohm load for your amp

This is ********. Everyone spends so much money on car audio but everyone with walmart subwoofers seem to be blowing windshields and ****.... What am I doing wrong.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.