12'' Brahma: which "mark"? PICS.

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
What "mark" is this? And roughly what year was it produced? If i remember right they are comparable to the older model XXX's..

104_0256.jpg

104_0258.jpg

Excellent!

Now i just need to figure out a nice ported box for this thing.

BTW- how many models of this sub were there? i believe they started making them in 2002.. i remember seeing them with a 4 "spoke" basket. Is the mkIII a "better" sub?

Secret. I actaully didnt get it for as cheap as i wanted.. Id say it was a "fair" deal. Yes a CL find. Im going to hook it up to my amp and see how it performs.. wish i had a single 12 box laying around..

I can't remember the exact differences between them but i believe they went from a brahma to mkII and then to mkIII. The only differences being cone and basket but I'm not sure

Okay gotcha. I think the one with the four spoke basket as just the brahma or the first model..

He said he think the sub id D4, which ***** cause my amp is 1 ohm stable.. im going to test the coils with a meter and find out for sure. At least ill be giving it more power then i am my W7..

mkI and mkII are very similar, mkIII stinks

I loved my 15"mkII, one of the biggest mistakes of my adult life was selling it..

Also, I would say its in between the Ava and the XXX

Not as low as the ava, and not as loud as the XXX, but a very good median

Okay gotcha. I think the one with the four spoke basket as just the brahma or the first model..
He said he think the sub id D4, which ***** cause my amp is 1 ohm stable.. im going to test the coils with a meter and find out for sure. At least ill be giving it more power then i am my W7..
Yea that *****. The good thing about that sub is that they are nearly identical to the xxx so recones are easy to get. Check with team psi I know they keep RE drop in recone kits on hand

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.