110 AMP MANL Fuse? NEED HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list
It never hurts to have plenty of power wire imo and especially if you plan to upgrade down the road but for now just throw a 120amp fuse on there and you will be good for your current setup
What I was thinking as well, my sub is a bit lacking atm. 500watts is not enough lol. Planning to upgrade that up soon

What I was thinking as well, my sub is a bit lacking atm. 500watts is not enough lol. Planning to upgrade that up soon
I know what you mean lol. You will just keep wanting more and more so

just make sure you get some good wire the first time around and you will be good to go for future upgrades on your wire anyways

You fuse based on what your wire can handle. If I'm not mistaken 4 Gauge CCA is 100A and OFC is 150A. Unless of course your amp doesn't draw that much then you go lower.

Me personally I would fuse it at 100A because if it decides to surge over 100A chances are it would blow one or both of the other two. I would rather it blow before the distro block imho.

Dang. One for 100 and one for 120. I need a third opinion. Anyone?
You'll be fine with the 120. Also It wouldn't hurt to upgrade to 0ga but if you don't plan on doing some serious electrical upgrades and running high power setups I wouldn't worry about 0ga unless you're splitting the 4ga into 2 4ga but even then you're fine with your current setup.

You'll be fine with the 120. Also It wouldn't hurt to upgrade to 0ga but if you don't plan on doing some serious electrical upgrades and running high power setups I wouldn't worry about 0ga unless you're splitting the 4ga into 2 4ga but even then you're fine with your current setup.
Then its done. Thanks dude!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.