10W7, TW5, Sealed, Ported

06Titan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What would you guys go?

Goal: Looking to get more sound than my current 12W3s in my truck, and still keep it semi-clean sounding.

Limitations: It's going in a truck underneath the back seat. Here are some dimensions that could be used:

Up fire box

58" W, 6 3/4" H, 15.5" D ~ 2.75022 cu ft

58" W, 6 3/4" H, 15" D ~ 2.65538 cu ft

58" W, 6 1/2" H, 15" D ~ 2.53993 cu ft

Forward fire: 10" Subs only!

58" W, 11" H-1, 7-8" H-2, 15" D ~ 3.92535 cu ft

Subs thoughts:

2 10W7 Forward fire sealed or even ported(?)

3 TW5 sealed

Amp I am using is a RF 1500-1 BD

Cost isn't really an option because I could always just save more.

LMK!

I see now.

Question here, what would perform better, the meatier W7 or the slim subs?

Also, what would be more useful, the W7s ported, or the slim line sub with more surface area lol

3 TW5's sealed would give you a whole lot more output than the w7 and the w3's. I hear these subs all the time, they are very popular subs at our shop for under the seat set ups. They get loud as **** and still get looww considering there usually built sealed. Only subs we really sell in sealed boxes. IMO, given the amount of airspace, the tw5's. Are those subs that others are mentioning on here.

I see now.
Question here, what would perform better, the meatier W7 or the slim subs?

Also, what would be more useful, the W7s ported, or the slim line sub with more surface area lol
if you are limited in mounting depth look into the Memphis S Class

for the $ they are very good subs. the TW5's sound amazing and get loud. for the price though i wish they had been louder.

if you are limited in mounting depth look into the Memphis S Classfor the $ they are very good subs. the TW5's sound amazing and get loud. for the price though i wish they had been louder.
They are very pricey I agree, But he said money wasn't to much of an issue, and hes got over 1500 watts to play with. Those subs will take 600 a piece. So it matches up well. Memphis is good stuff though.

They are very pricey I agree, But he said money wasn't to much of an issue, and hes got over 1500 watts to play with. Those subs will take 600 a piece. So it matches up well. Memphis is good stuff though.
i know they will take all of 600 each. i wish id given mine more like 800-1000 each

i know they will take all of 600 each. i wish id given mine more like 800-1000 each
We've put the new HD750/1 on one of them before, she handled it like a champ. I've done multple set ups with 2 of them on a 1000/1 and I could tell they wanted more power lol. Those subs create alot of pressure. Make sure you brace and baffle the **** out of that box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.