10's... 12's... yet another recommendation post!!!

soonercrew
10+ year member

soonercrew
tulsa,ok
im getting ready to have my system installed... the vehicle we are working with is an 05' chevy crew cab silverado. kenwood ddx616 for my head unit, hertz mlk 165 comp. set for my fronts, hertz hcx 6.5 coax for my rears... ill be running the fronts and subs off of an audison lrx5.1k, and the rear coax of the deck only... im at a loss of what to do for subs. im looking for something with a great sq sound, but also want to be able to rattle some heads when i feel the need... ive been suggested lots of different options by my dealer: 2 10" treo ssp (which they say will rip heads off if needed), 2 10" image dynamic idq, the same options in 12" (not sure if this will be too much or not), and even suggestions of just 1 12".... i only have 6" available for mounting depth, so choices are a little limited... any suggestions, or opinions on the above options would be great!!!

how about 3 10's??? lol....

how much power is the subs getting? im guessing if they are wired to 4 ohm they get 750 and 1150 if wired to 2 ohm?

image dynamics look really nice sealed, use either the ID or IDQ whichever matches your power better. i dont have the treo specs to compare them

image dynamics look really nice sealed, use either the ID or IDQ whichever matches your power better. i dont have the treo specs to compare them
I'll quote the owner of Stereo Integrity here: "Power handling is NOT a requirement." Never use the ID over the IDQ unless it's all you can afford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.