100$ for 5.25 comps..help!

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
i bought some xenon x6.5 components a couple weeks ago and i have been trying to install them scince then and they are just to big. I thought i could get them to fit in the factory locations, and i even welded up some brackets and it wasnt working out. So i sold them to my freind for what i bought em for. no i need some 5.25 comps..i was just going to buy the xenons again but i want to make sure there arent any others that would be decent in my price range. i want great sound quality, loudness, and decent midbass.

her are some options

diamond cm3:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-CM3-CM351-5-1-4-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ5821566793QQcategoryZ32818QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the xenons:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X5-0-Xenon-5-1-4-Component-System-5-25-NEW_W0QQitemZ5820943241QQcategoryZ32818QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anybody have anything for sale?- any other ideas?

of those i would get the phoenix gold's ive heard decent things about them and the diamonds ive only heard that the midbass ***** and the tweeters are kinda harsh

I wouldent reccomend either actually

Diamond makes nice speakers,CM3 comps arent one of them.......

and nothing PG makes impresses me except Elites

check out crystal mobile sounds new comps for a few bucks more

I wouldent reccomend either actuallyDiamond makes nice speakers,CM3 comps arent one of them.......

and nothing PG makes impresses me except Elites

check out crystal mobile sounds new comps for a few bucks more
The xenons are 100 dollar component set, if you ears have been tainted by many nice comp sets I doubt you would be impressed. I have them and prefer how they sound over the cdt cl61s I had last year..... I havent heard many components just sharing my .02

my ears are always tainted by something better..im a poor audiophile...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i could probly spend 10000 bucks on stereo stuff and still long for something better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.