$100-300 700 watt 12" sub?

In a Built spec box/enclosure, I can vouch for the HDS310s and 12s..Other than that.. Id look at an ID Max , or a Dayton HO series..Even an ARC, or a Boston 13" Oval if you can find one, for SQ purposes.Gcon would be nice to have for sure.Itried all kinds of different enclosures from sealed to ported and could never get my SA 12 to perform decent enough for me.Got tired of building enclosures for it
I have the Dayton ho right now and I'm satisfied but would like to try other brands.

What do u guys think about soundqubed hds?
I wouldn't touch any of theirs lower than HDC line. That and their 4" coil subs are pretty solid for the money.

I have the Dayton ho right now and I'm satisfied but would like to try other brands.
Do you plan on building a new box or are you just dropping it into whatever you already have?

I wouldn't touch any of theirs lower than HDC line. That and their 4" coil subs are pretty solid for the money.

Do you plan on building a new box or are you just dropping it into whatever you already have?
I would build a box it would be a waste of a sub to put it in a s*****y box.

HDS 3 series are a pretty decent sub woofer.Ive ran two tens @2ohm for approx 2 years and pulled them out recently due to selling the vehicle.They still look like new.I enjoyed them,and will not sell them.They are a great line.Sound really nice on lower volumes and can get nasty as well at full tilt with the right enclosure and power.Took about 3 weeks for both to really loosen up to finally set and leave my gains/settings

A Dayton ho is a really nice clean sounding sub.I ran a pair of 10s for approx 6 months.Still have them.I ended up with 3.0 sealed rather than the ported enclosure I built for them and they really performed nicely sealed.What about the Dayton Ultra?Does Dayton still have the 5 year warranty on all theyre subs?Id have to look

Its been about a year or so since Ive been around some SQuality guys/MECCA group.I used to spend alot of time with a good friend that was local,that moved out of state that taught me alot as well as the others about tuning,direction,placement,preping,and all kinds of pretty unique options.I got to hear and demo alot of really great systems

I would build a box it would be a waste of a sub to put it in a s*****y box.
Good. The Dayton makes a solid product by all accounts, so if you're not trying for numbers or need more power handling, or some other new goal I'm not sure you have much to improve by jumping ship on that. If you have money and just like auditioning new stuff grab whatever and have fun. Ideally wait for something to come along used, buy right, and then re-sell later losing only the cost of shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.