anyone interested in a custom built drivers?

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
i have lot of spare time on the weekends and if anyone is interested I can build some unique drivers for a decent price.

hand built. I've built countless drivers and never had one fail. i'll even offer a warranty against any defects. not looking to make alot of profit(80 to 90 bucks per build seems reasonable). i just want to have something to do in my spare time.

for example something with a 9.5" motor with 35m xmax 3kw RMS ti basket 5 progressive spiders double or triple leads direct connection loaded with the best parts would run 700 Shipped.

something of this caliber would rival anything on hte market and i could build it specifically for you application.

I'd be interested... but I wouldn't be looking for all out SPL Monsters.

I need a 10" 600WRMS Infinite Baffle Sub (preferably with a rubber sound and and poly cone)

I'd be interested... but I wouldn't be looking for all out SPL Monsters.
I need a 10" 600WRMS Infinite Baffle Sub (preferably with a rubber sound and and poly cone)
That most certinally be done. Whats your desired alignment and f3? If you want a true single order f3 is important as well as your cabin gain. What would you like to accomplish the lowestpase shift the lowest f3 lowest group delay most lowend output? With 600 watts and a f3 of 25 you need about 22mm xmax. 2.5" coil and a single 8" progressive should work. Id probably do non pressed kraft pulp paper cone.. i can get a nice super strong 12" cone and its light(80 grams). Probably be in the 225 range..

will put them on my wife corolla the box fit is tune to 32 ... i think its 3.cf after displacement ... would play good on my f150 but i guess i was a noob and distort them but i learn from my mistake ... now i want to fix them to put them to my wife car ... she listens more from 30-45 hz songs hip hop - reggaeton ... will be maybe on cab 1600 or a memphis 1000

That most certinally be done. Whats your desired alignment and f3? If you want a true single order f3 is important as well as your cabin gain. What would you like to accomplish the lowestpase shift the lowest f3 lowest group delay most lowend output? With 600 watts and a f3 of 25 you need about 22mm xmax. 2.5" coil and a single 8" progressive should work. Id probably do non pressed kraft pulp paper cone.. i can get a nice super strong 12" cone and its light(80 grams). Probably be in the 225 range..
Not sure if a low F3 is going to matter. Also it needs to be a 10", since I want to put this in my boat and not my car, not enough mounting height for a 12. This is why a poly or carbon fiber cone will be needed and a rubber type surround.

Very little to any cabin gain, pretty much an open air enviroment always. Most marine subs are only 250-300Wrms and Xmax between 11-13mm. I want better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Basically this woofer with a different cone and surround is perfect http://aespeakers.com/shop/ibau-woofers/ib10au/

will put them on my wife corolla the box fit is tune to 32 ... i think its 3.cf after displacement ... would play good on my f150 but i guess i was a noob and distort them but i learn from my mistake ... now i want to fix them to put them to my wife car ... she listens more from 30-45 hz songs hip hop - reggaeton ... will be maybe on cab 1600 or a memphis 1000
3 cf is small for 2 12s and killler lowend. I could do something but they will be a tab less efficent up top but dig down low..

Not sure if a low F3 is going to matter. Also it needs to be a 10", since I want to put this in my boat and not my car, not enough mounting height for a 12. This is why a poly or carbon fiber cone will be needed and a rubber type surround.
Very little to any cabin gain, pretty much an open air enviroment always. Most marine subs are only 250-300Wrms and Xmax between 11-13mm. I want better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Basically this woofer with a different cone and surround is perfect IB10AU - Automotive Infinite Baffle Woofer - SQ Subwoofer
Figured that much

Carbon fiber cones even the cheap o ones are about 75 to 100 bucks.

I can get a pretty strong poly cone and say a 6,5 carbon dustcap to stregthen it nicely for about 1/3 the price of the carbon cone

Figured that muchCarbon fiber cones even the cheap o ones are about 75 to 100 bucks.

I can get a pretty strong poly cone and say a 6,5 carbon dustcap to stregthen it nicely for about 1/3 the price of the carbon cone
I really don't care about the cone being CF or not, just can't be paper based or have a foam surround due to the environment it will be in. Poly is perfect as 90% of the marine sw's I have seen use Poly.

If you can do something like this I am definitely down for this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.