10" subs

Casper

Ok, I have a 2000 F-150. I am putting a dual 10" sealed box (that fits under the back seat) in very soon. The problem I have, is I am a sound newbie. I am going for pure SQ and I am really up in arms about what subs I should get. I am not trying to break the bank, but I don't want to go cheap either.

I am thinking about going with the mono 1500 W (1 ohm) hifonics sub because of reviews if that helps at all.

Sorry about the lack of info, but I am quite new at this.

Casper

casper, I just (this weekend) finished a project doing the same thing with my dodge ram. If you don't have a box yet be careful. I origionally bought one and it said it had a mounting depth of 5". I had some 10" subs and they had a mounting depth of 5". Come to find out that it isn't even close, I will send you pics if you want. I ended up lifting my back seat 3 1/2" and built my own box. I could fit 12"s in it if I wanted and it is 9" deep. Each side has .909 cubic feet of air so it actually has more air space than what it is supposed to have. Just wanted to throw a shout out to you about what to be careful of. My subs are audiobahn aw1000q and they are very spl type subs. Loud enough for me so you would want another direction than these for your sq. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.