10" L7, Ohm question

Participant count
  • Participant list

bunkerking09
10+ year member

Current Status: Win
I have a 2 Ohm L7 with dual voice coils (2 ohm on both obviously)

Is there any way i can run it at 2 Ohm or will i have to bump it up to 4 by running it in parallel? I'd like to get the most possible wattage without buying another one seeing that i have no room

If it's dual 2-ohm:

You can wire both in parallel, which reduces the impedance by half - 1ohm

You can wire both in series, which doubles the impedance - 4ohm

You can wire both seperately, but only if you have a two channel amp, otherwise it's still just parallel.

If I were you I would find a 1-ohm stable amp and go that route. They're increasingly more common today, and you'll get tons of power for fairly cheap! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.