10" id max vs. 10" w7 vs. 10" power hx2

My reasoning is that he said wanted spl, and out of all the subs mentioned the power hx2 wins in spl.
Doubtful..........unless its a purpose built spl install......not a street beater as we have here.......even then, the installer would determine the louder sub then........

Not sure about the new powers, as I haven't seen any specs on them, but the older ones do not have near the potential, in any install where you'll be playing actual music, that the W7 does. Period.

musically, the 10w7 wins.

one-note farting, the power Hx2 wins.

The power HX2 has more force than the w7, making it a great candidate for burping at the tuning frequency.

Then again, you buy sub to listen to music. Get the idmax or the w7. They will be **** loud, but the w7 will have the better edge.

I dont know about this. My friend has a 13w7 in the jl ported enclosure powered by a ppi 1200 and my power hx2 15 ported slaughters his in spl and is way louder. We both have quality installs also. Now I can say that his has way better sq then mine but I listen to rap so who cares about sq.

This really shouldn't be such a big issue. These are two totally different subs. The w7 is an sq driver that gets loud. Its by no means an spl driver. The power hx2 is made strictly to get LOUD and have decent sq. Now dont get me wrong the w7 is a great driver and he will be happy if he gets it, but in terms of strictly spl the powers come out on top. They can handle way more power and plus you can get two for the price of one w7.

Sorry guys, but the W7 has quite a bit more displacement ability than either of those subs when considering everything but an all-out spl install.
If you can get the 10W7's for a pretty good price, they're hard to beat.
sorry nothing, hx2 is louder than a w7...

I dont know about this. My friend has a 13w7 in the jl ported enclosure powered by a ppi 1200 and my power hx2 15 ported slaughters his in spl and is way louder. QUOTE]
isn't slaughter his in spl and is way louder the same thing??

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif

sorry nothing, hx2 is louder than a w7...
again I ask........what's your reasoning?

As I've said 5 times before, in a purpose-built SPL install, its possible, but the installer plays a larger part than the equipment used in most any SPL install.

In comparable street installs where they are in similar boxes tuned similarly, its not going to be very likely. Considering same car, power, etc..........

isn't slaughter his in spl and is way louder the same thing??
Not neccessarily because to me certain tuning frequencies can sound louder but admit a lesser db score. Plus I got metered at 6db more than my friend. So it was just to add insult to injury.

Well if he wants SPL then he shold get the HX2, that's all that it is made for... SPL. The JL W7 is a great driver, sounds good, hits good, and can get loud. The HX2 is just meant to get loud, and it's good at that, you can get them to sound decent if you know what you are doing. But since he wants SPL he would be better off getting a 12-15" HX2, but if he wants SQL then he should go for the W7 or the 2 10" IDMAX subs.

im sorry thumpin90gts but i just invested in 2 power hx2 12's and 2 bd1000 amps and happen to have afriend with three 13 w7s and his is more clear but mine wastes his in spl.sorry but i disagree. go with rf.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.