10" Dayton HO build.

i2ain2thunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
st paul, mn
Hello guys I'm going to be building a subwoofer enclosure in the near future.

New products:

2 Dayton Audio 10" HO DVC 4ohm subs.

1 Sundown Audio SAZ 1200D

Box Design:

1inchWO.png

Will start build in the next few weeks, Goods haven't arrived yet, may start working on box though.

I measured the cu ft of the seal chambers. The sealed area is .785 cu ft

The QTC of the dayton 10inch HO is .728 in an enclosure sealed of that size so I'm thinking of mounting the subs in reverse (sub motor in the horn area) vs the typical install of this box which is sub mounted on the inside of the sealed area, but that would cut down on the volume of the sealed chamber and hurt the QTC more.

Of coarse I'm trying to keep the QTC as close to .707 as possible so .73 rounded isn't bad, it gets worse if I mount the sub in the sealed chamber.

Now this box is a dual bandpass folded horn, which is to say that there is 2 sealed chambers and 2 horns that share a mouth. I'm thinking keeping the sealed area as close to QTC as possible is going to improve my SQ.

Any thoughts?

Just bought amp and subs, sticking with the 10" Dayton HO DVCs, switching amps though. Saving some money going with the Audio Technix 1200.1 d I know the sundown is probably a better amp, but the AT sure looks nice for the price it's at, I'ma take a small leap of faith really wanted to try their amps anyway. Should be arriving in the next couple weeks, I'll get to work on the enclosure this weekend.

Subs arrived yesterday, Amp will arrive today, i'll post pics after work. Having to modify my box design so that it will fit into my trunk, so box will be completed this weekend. Excited to see the amp today when I get home.

2013-05-28_19-33-24_69.jpg

2013-05-28_18-58-18_559.jpg

2013-05-28_18-58-07_508.jpg

Marvel at my wonderous wiring! haha before you comment on it, I'm nowhere near done tucking wires bros, just setting everything up and testing.

BTW Noobz this is how to set your gains.

Noted, will be building the box this weekend. Heading to the cities tonight, gonna party with some old friends, then build the enclosure tomorrow. I'm in a rush as I'll only be near my tools for this weekend 2 days, so I'll be just focussing on getting the enclosure built and the subs installed. I'm sure followed by much test driving/listening. Making everything look perdy is gonna have to wait.

Since I had to work on my 6x9s the other day I might as well toss the picks up in here.

Before:

2013-05-29_19-15-19_484.jpg

After:

2013-05-29_19-09-44_122.jpg

2013-05-29_19-09-15_851.jpg

Some of the best 5$ I spent at menards. After fixing rattle, and cancellation issues with some vinyl close cell midbass came shooting out of everywhere it wasn't before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.