10" Assassin ok in sealed box?

smash9002
10+ year member

I just bought an AA Assassin 10" for my single cab 95 f150. On the website it says this sub is good in small ported boxes, but Im not all that confident that I could build a good ported box, especially in the area I have to fit this thing. Here is the design I came up with, it's not to scale, but with 3/4" mdf the inner volume is about 1.3 cubic ft. I cant find any info or specs for volume for the Assassin, does anybody know? Is 1.3 ft too large?

Slide1.jpg

If im not mistaken Scott from FI said that they will work fine in a small sealed box as well like the old ones. But dont quote me on that, lol. I would suggest emailing him as he would prob be the best one to give advice on the sub.

Sealed will be totally fine.

I'm sure they'll sound good too.

If you absolutely hate the sound try your hand at a ported box, they're not that hard once you try one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.