Port Area Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

pre98zetec
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I'm planning on building a new box soon for a pair of Infinity 1230w 12s. My current box was built by me, before I knew alot about ported boxes, Its around 3.2 cubes tuned to 29hz with around 45 sq inches of port. Port noise is pretty bad at higher volume levels, and theres just not enough airspace.. The new box is going to be 4.6 cubes @ 31hz with 101sq inches of port area...

Is 101sq in of port way too much for 2 12s? I'm trying to kill port noise but still have good lows. Most boxes for 2 12s i see is 50-80sq inch... Just wanted to know if 101 is overkill before I build the box.

Hey guys,
I'm planning on building a new box soon for a pair of Infinity 1230w 12s. My current box was built by me, before I knew alot about ported boxes, Its around 3.2 cubes tuned to 29hz with around 45 sq inches of port. Port noise is pretty bad at higher volume levels, and theres just not enough airspace.. The new box is going to be 4.6 cubes @ 31hz with 101sq inches of port area...

Is 101sq in of port way too much for 2 12s? I'm trying to kill port noise but still have good lows. Most boxes for 2 12s i see is 50-80sq inch... Just wanted to know if 101 is overkill before I build the box.
I have 2x 12" Kapa perfects and about the same box in my 92 Star Craft van I say port the box to 36Hz that would make them hit nice also if you can make the port facing the same direction as the sub you should get batter sound that way coz infinity are more SQ then SPL but you can get some SPL out of them if the box and port where good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.