10'' AND 12'' subs in a car???

TravisV

Okay, I know 12'' subs are good for deeper bass tones, and 10'' subs hit better with more mid range bass tones. So, wouldn't it make the most sense to put both a 10'' and a 12'' lined up (centered) in the trunk of my car? Why don't more people do that?

Get a 18" for super-mega-ultra deep bass, a 15" for super-duper deep bass, a 12" for regular deep bass, a 10" for punchy bass and a 8" for slightly less punchy bass. This will cover all of your bases, OP. To go further, if your budget allows, add a 21" sub to the mix as well. It's not necessary, but would be cool for the "wow" factor...

Get a 18" for super-mega-ultra deep bass, a 15" for super-duper deep bass, a 12" for regular deep bass, a 10" for punchy bass and a 8" for slightly less punchy bass. This will cover all of your bases, OP. To go further, if your budget allows, add a 21" sub to the mix as well. It's not necessary, but would be cool for the "wow" factor...
what he said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

jl audio has you covered for the missing range between 12 and 15 with their 13.5"

you can get the 6 1/2 then the 5 1/4 for even higher mid. SQ car.

Well I'm not really talking about looks. It just seems like it would make the most sense to give you a little bit more range and give you a nice sound.

(I'm am very new to this stuff by the way. haha)

Any decent sub in a proper enclosure can replicate any sound. 10s can get low as **** in the proper setup. Mixing subs is completely unnecessary. Pick a size you want, find a quality driver, match it with a quality amp and the optimal enclosure and you will be happy

Okay, I know 12'' subs are good for deeper bass tones, and 10'' subs hit better with more mid range bass tones. So, wouldn't it make the most sense to put both a 10'' and a 12'' lined up (centered) in the trunk of my car? Why don't more people do that?
don't believe anything from whoever told you this

The most important thing to consider when chosing a size of subwoofer is that the size you choose will directly effect the size of box you are going to need to put it in. So depending on how much room you have available that will determine what size subwoofer you can run. I would personally go with the largest size you can fit. The common thought of 10" subwoofers producing faster, higher toned bass, is very incorrect. A good quality 10-18" driver should be able to cover the entire 20hz-100hz spectrum in a vehicle without a problem. What you gain by going up in size is higher output because the woofer (given the woofers are identical brand and series other than size) has more surface area and can move more air.

The most important thing to consider when chosing a size of subwoofer is that the size you choose will directly effect the size of box you are going to need to put it in. So depending on how much room you have available that will determine what size subwoofer you can run. I would personally go with the largest size you can fit. The common thought of 10" subwoofers producing faster, higher toned bass, is very incorrect. A good quality 10-18" driver should be able to cover the entire 20hz-100hz spectrum in a vehicle without a problem. What you gain by going up in size is higher output because the woofer (given the woofers are identical brand and series other than size) has more surface area and can move more air.
That makes sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.