Memphis Car Audio Woofers?

shattered_dream
10+ year member

Hey

Anyone here know these subwoofers?

I´m at the moment in Baton ROuge and there I´ve seen Memphis Audio Woofers, and the C3 looks very interesting. How good are these Subs? Are they better than my MMATS P2.5?

Amp is an Us Amps USA2000x

Sorry for the bad english, I´m from germany:emb:

Whow really so good? With which subs can they be compared?

Perhaps DD, SPL Dynamics, MMATS or something?

The prob is the dealer had no sub to test here, I was only able to test his crossfire sub in a ported enclosure in his Honda Accord which has a closed trunk *G*

Need I say that the sub was very bad?

I´m just not sure which I should buy.... The C3 10", 12", oder 2x MClas 8"....

Music is most of the Time Rock, Metal little bit techno and sometimes Hip Hop.... Are these subs good for all of this?

I´m just not sure which I should buy.... The C3 10", 12", oder 2x MClas 8"....

Music is most of the Time Rock, Metal little bit techno and sometimes Hip Hop.... Are these subs good for all of this?

All of the sizes you listed will adequately play that type of music. Your choice should be based on the space you have to work with and how loud you want the bass to be. 8s are not really in the same category as 12s, so I am a little curious that your spectrum is that broad. Sealed or vented? Decide that first, then you will know better what size woofer and how many you can use. You could run a pair of 10s or 12s sealed, in a box about the same size as a vented box for a single 12.

Sorry forgot to meintion : SEALED.... Has the clearest bass,-) And space? I want a usable trunk, so it shouldnt be too big....

2 x 8" I had some years ago from a german brand "RS Audio" (http://www.rs-audio.de) and it was pretty cool, but the deep bass wasn´t too good... But was awesome fast, never heard a bass that was this fast. and precise...

I might be in the minority here, but Ive never found Memphis subs to be anything out of the ordinary. Good subs, but nothing special. I have no experience with the c-class however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.