1 sub rca out on head unit, can I use 2 amps for 2 subs?

NitroViper

NY
I have a PIONEER AVH-P4300DVD It has one sub out rca. I bought 2 Kenwood KAC-7205

amplifiers and I want to run 1 to each subwoofer. I can use the head unit's front and rear RCA's? If I do I lose the sub controls on the head unit and thats not what I want!

Or is it possible to use a Y cable and split the sub out? I want to be able to use the subwoofer controls in the head unit. Its much easier because as we all know every song is different.

The head unit has

1 rca sub out

1 rca front out

1 rca rear out

I want to run 2 amplifiers one for each subwoofer.

Thanks for any help!!

using a Y splitter to split the sub out will be fine. if those amps also have some sort of RCA out on them you can daisy chain the 2 amps

There is no rca out on my amps. I read using a Y splitter would mess up the volume on one of the subs? Doesnt seem it to me. I just really want to control my subs from my head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The amp has a pass through on it. Run the sub out RCA to the first one then out put the first into the 2nd. You should use two volt meters on the output side "speaker wires" of each amp. Turn up the gains nominal. Adjust your gains by getting a test tone CD that will play pink noise and adjust the output voltage to match each other. You can use the sub out to dial the sub in.

There is no rca out on my amps. I read using a Y splitter would mess up the volume on one of the subs? Doesnt seem it to me. I just really want to control my subs from my head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Not true. It's just a signal through RCA. If you split, you're essentially just allowing the signal to be split so that both amps see the same thing. This will not mess up volume of anything. Y-splitter, be done with it.

This is specs from that amp on kenwoods web site.

• CEA Rated: 170W X 2 (1.0% THD+N) (4Ohm/2Ch)

• 250 Watts x 2 (2 ohm)/500 Watts x 1 (4 Ohm Bridged)

• High Quality Speaker Level Input

• Blue Illumination

• High-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz

• Variable Bass Boost Control(0-18 dB at 40 Hz)

• Cooling Fan

• MOSFET power supply

• Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on

Preamp-level inputs and outputs • 13-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-3/8"D

Or you can use the Y's at the amps, along with the Barrel connecters and extra RCA. Lots of ****** connections to fail or cause noise. Not to mention you are taking your 4V pre-amp and halfing it. But it will work both ways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.