1/4 mile et...

-air intake intake (custom tube w/ K&N filter)

-unorthodox racing underdrive pulley

-stoneracing y-pipe (15-18 hp!!)

-warpspeed b-pipe

-dynomax rear section

-magnaflow racing hi-flo cat converter

(coming soon, a DR mod)

235 hp at the crank

light weight wheels (16 lbs each)

3000 lbs (3160 with me in the car)

I dont know how accurate G-Tech is but I was clocked at 14.7 in the 1/4 mi.

ur car will definitely not run 13's with just those mods, most likely low 14's at best ... go to mustangforums.com, they will give u a really good idea as many people probably have ur same setup

Zach

what do u guys think i can run in a 1/4 mile with the following mods...
its a 2000 mustang gt 5 speed

-k&n air filter

-bbk 70mm tb

-bosch 4 way plugs

-bbk x-pipe with cats

-dynomax ultra flow catback

-ram heavy duty 10.5" clutch

-373 gears with m/t street drag radials

-mgw shifter
you're telling me he can't even break into the 13's with that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

correct me if im wrong, but dont gt's run mid to low 14's bone stock? thats on stock tires, not mickey thompson drag radials. aren't the stock gears around 3.20-3.40? with a good driver it should have no problem breaking 13's with those mods, and with a nice set of headers should be good for mid to low 13's.

wow i would have expected more with such steep gears...
mustangs sound ****ed nice though. i know for a fact the 5.0's came with forged internals, and i'm pretty sure the 4.6's do as well, so they're not as expensive to turbo, supercharge, or spray.

i think it was 89-93 that came w/ forged internals. The 4.6 don't.

you should run anywhere from 13.1-13.5 with that setup.

bigger wheels slow you down.
true and false.

On cars with a massive amount of power, you want as much tire as you get get. In a 10.5 class for example, you have to have an approved 10.5 wide tire. But to take the 'shock' off, you need to get a bigger tire. This is why you don't see guys with 26x10.50 ET Streets.

As a car goes faster down the 1320, you want max RPM right before you cross the line. So you have to take tire height, at the line and take tire growth into consideration. As the car speeds up, the tire grows in height, and less in width. So a racer will need to gear accordingly.

Now for most street cars, they don't have enough gear already, so a 26 or 27 " ET Street or Drag radial, will suffice.

My friends dad has the same car and has similar upgrades, but he added one more thing lol a supercharger and now hes runnin mid 11's to low 12's with 3 ppl in the car so that added a bit more weight.

My friends dad has the same car and has similar upgrades, but he added one more thing lol a supercharger and now hes runnin mid 11's to low 12's with 3 ppl in the car so that added a bit more weight.
Now, do you mean he went down the dragstrip with three people and hit low 12's? Or that he has once run low 12's, and now drives it with three people in the car?

i know for a fact the 5.0's came with forged internals, and i'm pretty sure the 4.6's do as well
The 5.0 had forged pistons until 92. Rods and crank were cast. The 4.6 has very weak internals. The con-rods are powder cracked in fact. Pull the rods out and you'll see the cracks for the main caps. No machining. Cheap ol bastids. The Cobra crank is nodular iron though. Surprisingly, they hold up well to power given a good tune. Near or past 500HP and you're asking for trouble.

FYI, I have seen some very good drivers getting the later PI head and intake cars (99-04) into the high 13s stock. No way in hell your car is going to do any better than a 13.5 if you hook up and are a great driver.

My Cobra's best stock form was 13.8 with limited traction. 60' times were dismal 2.30-2.50s. Horrible at best. Even with traction, there's just not enough power there and we all knwo how fat they are from the factory.

no kidding, i would have sworn all 3 were forged all through 87-93. learn something new everyday i suppose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mustangowner

10+ year member
still wangin'
mustangowner
Shelby,AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date