1/4 mile et...

you can make a cold air intake cheap, dont spend 2-300 bucks on something prefab. i spent about 60 bucks counting a 40 dollar k&n filter to make mine.

anyone with half a brain can operate a manual car. by "driving a stick" i mean pushing it to the very limits of traction without breaking it. it takes a LOT of practice to do that. that clutch is pretty tough, but dont expect any clutch to be unbreakable.

you can make a cold air intake cheap, dont spend 2-300 bucks on something prefab. i spent about 60 bucks counting a 40 dollar k&n filter to make mine.
what did u use? how did u make it? and how well does it hold up?

dont know how ford makes their intake housing but all you need is a k&n filter and try to some how replace the intake box with the intake filter, many have been done on imports that I have seen, take a pic

i bought a k&n filter made for a mustang, has a 3.5 inch rubber opening, cone type filter. tightened that down onto a 45 degree bend after my mass air flow sensor that was a stock piece. bought a section of 3.5 inch aluminum piping with a 90 degree mandrel bend in it, polished it up, and put it between my MAF sensor and my intake. looks really nice, the filter is way down in the front corner of the engine bay, not underneath the car or anything. didnt want to cut a hole to run it down there for another few hp.

its nothing complicated to make, you're just filtering the air going into your intake.

i think i could use some pvc pipe (maybe 4" diameter). and run it in the same path as the stock tube, but how to connect it to te mass air meter i dont know...

heres a pic of the engine bay i found...

enginebay2bv.png

i bought a k&n filter made for a mustang, has a 3.5 inch rubber opening, cone type filter. tightened that down onto a 45 degree bend after my mass air flow sensor that was a stock piece. bought a section of 3.5 inch aluminum piping with a 90 degree mandrel bend in it, polished it up, and put it between my MAF sensor and my intake. looks really nice, the filter is way down in the front corner of the engine bay, not underneath the car or anything. didnt want to cut a hole to run it down there for another few hp.
its nothing complicated to make, you're just filtering the air going into your intake.

thats something like i had in mind, got any pics?

looks like its right before the airbox. it'll have a harness or something with a couple wires going to it. im assuming its MAF, i think a couple of the 3rd gen 5.0's had speed density, then they went back to maf. its no biggie, just find a k&n cone-type filter with a 3.5 or 4 inch opening. can use clamps to attach it to the MAF sensor. the sensor probably has 3 or 3.5 inch openings however so you wont see much of an improvement using bigger pipe than that. i dont recommend pvc either, aluminum is cheap, could have a muffler shop make you the piece, then polish the **** out of it on your own. it holds up to heat better, and the less turbulance you have before the intake the better. you'd have to use angled joints to do pvc, which would create turbulance, not to mention it'd just look ghetto.

or if you want to just get er done, just use the stock plastic piece there. remove the airbox, and put a new filter on your maf. best to have it as far away from the engine as possible though.

dont have any recent pics of my engine, i really need a digital camera. anyone want to donate or sell me one cheap?

i really need a digital camera. anyone want to donate or sell me one cheap?
1mean ~ I don't know was it a clearance at my local Wal-Marts or if it might be at every Wal-Mart but I just got a Fuji PinePix A345 (4.2MP). When I originally looked at it (as my wife and I bought one exactly like it while I was in Australia so I already know more or less how it works) it was marked down to $125 - but it was late at night and no one was working in the photo department to be able to sell me one.
When I went back three days later it was marked down to an even $100. I also bought a 256mb xD memory card with it and spent less than $160 including tax for both. It might be worth your while to have a look in your local WallyWorld to see if they have the same deal.

[/threadjack]

looks like its right before the airbox. it'll have a harness or something with a couple wires going to it. im assuming its MAF, i think a couple of the 3rd gen 5.0's had speed density, then they went back to maf. its no biggie, just find a k&n cone-type filter with a 3.5 or 4 inch opening. can use clamps to attach it to the MAF sensor. the sensor probably has 3 or 3.5 inch openings however so you wont see much of an improvement using bigger pipe than that. i dont recommend pvc either, aluminum is cheap, could have a muffler shop make you the piece, then polish the **** out of it on your own. it holds up to heat better, and the less turbulance you have before the intake the better. you'd have to use angled joints to do pvc, which would create turbulance, not to mention it'd just look ghetto.
or if you want to just get er done, just use the stock plastic piece there. remove the airbox, and put a new filter on your maf. best to have it as far away from the engine as possible though.

dont have any recent pics of my engine, i really need a digital camera. anyone want to donate or sell me one cheap?
aftermarket pvc cai. a buddy of mine has one...

https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=Mustang%20GT&year=1996-2000

really...ive never seen that thread so i am really not sure how bad it is. i already know what my car will run, low to mid 13's like someone said earlier. i was thinkin somewhere around 13.2
its really sad that someone uses their time to make a forum so people can get help in some area when they need it, then we have people like you that get on here and make people feel really stupid by answering with sumthin like you typed above. thanks guys
If you already knew, why did you ask, trying to stir the pot? :p

Secondarily you better start thinking low 14s to the occasional high 13... The car may be capable of mid 13's, but that's going to be under the best possible conditions imo...

what pisses me off is how around here, every single v8 mustang owner (well save one) is talking all kinds of crap about how their stangs run 12's all day long, yet their 4.6 only has a short throw shifter...lol Meanwhile Im thinking about nothing other than getting my hands on an '01 trans am...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Mine runs 13.5 on street tires with street PSI

accufab tb/plenum

mpp 3.90s

sct xcal 2

k&n w/ silencer removed

car now has bbk headers and slp xpipe and i havent ran it yet. car was put away for the winter before they went on, then i took it out to have em put on then it went back in the garage. i got mabye 10 minutes of driving with them on.

wow i would have expected more with such steep gears...

mustangs sound ****ed nice though. i know for a fact the 5.0's came with forged internals, and i'm pretty sure the 4.6's do as well, so they're not as expensive to turbo, supercharge, or spray.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mustangowner

10+ year member
still wangin'
mustangowner
Shelby,AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date