1 15 ported or 2 15s sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Getting low will depend on enclosure mostly. You can't expect to put them in a sealed and get really low. I'm sure your SD-2's can get low if you made a custom enclosure for it, not prefab.
i saw a few vids online but i wanted more power. i know the sub can only play as well as the box its in but it was a temp setup

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

thanks btw for quick replies guy i appreciate it

Sub up port passenger or driver side, that never made a difference. It always worked better sub and port rear but you can only do that with a 12. I was going to go single 12 if I kept the car. Keep it low as possible and 6-8 inches away from the rear. Get at least 4 cubes net for a 15.

i saw a few vids online but i wanted more power. i know the sub can only play as well as the box its in but it was a temp setup 

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

thanks btw for quick replies guy i appreciate it
if you know the sub will only play as well as the box its in you need to realize actual box sizes are waay bigger then needed if you want the proper amount of port area and tuning. You need to factor in how the subs will load and how cabin gain works. Its not the biggest crammed sub battle. That will keep you stuck in the 140 db and under range. smaller subs in a proper box will outperform bigger ones with no airspace/port area. Thats a definite no on the 18 and 2 15s. UNLESS you plan to wall them and use aeroports.

Buddy did 4 3512s in a TC1. Box was flush against the front seat but to close to the back. On 6k it did a 50 at 38hz. I did the same thing with less power and 2 12s. The 3512s where in 10 cubes net, it just didn't fit right.

if you know the sub will only play as well as the box its in you need to realize actual box sizes are waay bigger then needed if you want the proper amount of port area and tuning. You need to factor in how the subs will load and how cabin gain works. Its not the biggest crammed sub battle. That will keep you stuck in the 140 db and under range. smaller subs in a proper box will outperform bigger ones with no airspace/port area. Thats a definite no on the 18 and 2 15s. UNLESS you plan to wall them and use aeroports.
so how much exactly would be needed? i don't know what cabin gain is. i'll do some more research. no walls here lol just want the most i can get in this trunk without removing the backseats

so how much exactly would be needed? i don't know what cabin gain is. i'll do some more research. no walls here lol just want the most i can get in this trunk without removing the backseats
Cabin gain is basically how your subs react inside the car. If you don't have space for the bass to move around, you will suffer in SPL. You will notice different positioning of subs and port direction will yield you different results. Typically people tend to face subs to the rear to bring the bass up front where you sit, thus giving you more cabin gain. Sometimes people face it up and still have good cabin gain. A lot of trial and error to get it right. If you are too close to a wall, it can have a diminishing effect. Too far and you could be missing out on cabin gain. So you heard right that those 2 15's are not gonna be able to breathe well in your car. You might have to re-strategize your plan. Go at least 4 cubes net for the 1 15 like noloud4u suggested. If you want them lows, tune in the low 30's. 32-33hz is a nice sweet spot for spl daily and still murder them lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.