09 CDTs question with amp

Ok he has absolutely no clue what that means. In simple terms, yes a gain knob controls the power (output). Stop being so **** picky guys.
We're not being picky. Your explanation is (still is) horrible. Someone being new to the hobby is not an excuse to provide them with a wrong and/or generally poor information or explanation. That's not teaching them anything; it just spreads ignorance. You can explain it correctly in laymens terms and actually teach them correct information that they can continue to use. It's because of posts/"information" like yours that a lot of people still don't have a bloody clue what the gain is actually for.......instead they go back to their friends or post on a forum...."Hey dude, that gain is just a power control. If you turn it all the way down you'll get zero watts." God help your customers if that is the same mentally you use when providing tech support for your company.

so am i gona probaly blow my speakers if i just keep gains at 0
I personally would bridge the amp, and use your head when setting the gain and using the volume knob. If the speakers sound like they are being stressed, back it off some more. You should hear warning signals from the speakers before damage occurs, if it will. But using the volume knob and amplifier intelligently, you should run into no problems.

but my question is if my friend just screws in the tweets and the 6.5's will they sound good or do they need a custom install?
It depends on 1) your friends definition of "good", and 2) the details of the door itself. Results will probably be poor if he just screws them into a door card or thin plastic mounting support. The mid will need to be mounted to a solid baffle (i.e. if there isn't one, he would be doing himself a favor to make one), if mounting into the door it would also be beneficial to sound deaden the door and seal the door to separate the backwave of the speaker from the frontwave. All of this can be done relatively inexpensively if he's atleast decent with even a jigsaw (or knows someone who is) and has some help choosing sound deadening materials and creating a deadening "plan" (I would recommend reading http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com ).

As for the tweeter, it's mostly about install location and aiming. Just grab some strong double sided tape and play around with different tweeter positions. IF he choose to do something like mounting them on his A-pillars (not that I recommend it personally, but some people like it that way) there are cheap and easy ways to go about it that won't take much time or money. He won't need to go crazy with fiberglass and bondo.

He'll be much more pleased with the results if he takes his time and does it right and spends a little bit of extra //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif on deadening materials rather than just tossing them in and hoping for the best.

k whats the cheapest wire kit i can get and link plz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif for the speakers/tweeters/6.5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.