09 CDTs question with amp

those are actual specs, alot more then 150 =/u sure it will still work and not blow my new speakers if i have gains all the way down =[

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 250 W x 4

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 360 W x 4
With that much power, you might want to run 2 channels on the fronts, and leave 2 channels for the rears. 250w per channel is plenty of power, don't even need to bridge the channels unless you have a set that can handle more power. Email Vertex and see if they can recommend you a CDT that can handle more.

already bought the cd 61i

Well just the 6.5 componenet set u mean run 2 channels to two tweeters and other two to the 6.5's?

and i can just screw them in my door and the 6.5 should sound good still right

Well just the 6.5 componenet set u mean run 2 channels to two tweeters and other two to the 6.5's?

No you don't seperate the tweeters from the woofers. Each set is 1 complete kit. 1 channel runs 1 set(tweeter+woofer).

So if you're using those comps, I'd either run 2 of the 4 channels on those comps or bridge the 4 channels into 2 and run them with a low gain set. Both ways will get you the same results, but the first option will leave you with 2 empty channels for more speakers.

Make sense?

ohhh ok i see, what if i ran the other two channels to my stock 6x9 in the back of my 98 chevy would they blow right away
That's an option for sure. I would choose that route, maybe even replace those 6x9's with something that can take more power? You can run the stocks, just make sure to turn the gain way down.

well even with gain all the way down wont it still recieve the minium rms power?
No, the gain is the power control. You can set it between 0 and the (in your case) 250 watts per channel.

? or do they need a custom install to sound good

No, the gain is the power control. You can set it between 0 and the (in your case) 250 watts per channel.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif No gains are more like a sensitivity control that affects the power output in relation to the volume knob ie, a higher gain setting will use the amps maximum potential output sooner on the volume dial.

Your best weapon for not overpowering your speakers(/controlling your power) is common sense w/ the volume control

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif No gains are more like a sensitivity control, that affects the power output in relation to the volume knob ie, a higher gain setting will use the amps maximum potential output sooner on the volume dial.
Your best weapon for not overpowering your speakers(/controlling your power) is common sense w/ the volume control
Ok he has absolutely no clue what that means. In simple terms, yes a gain knob controls the power (output). Stop being so **** picky guys.

ok i understood that im not a idiot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

just with car stereo stuff

but my question is if my friend just screws in the tweets and the 6.5's will they sound good or do they need a custom install?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.