Green Light on amp is on but no power to subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

srhub

Okay so I have a Kicker zx300.1 amp powering 2 Kenwood KFC W3012 subs. It worked fine then one day I turned my truck on and there was no bass coming from the subs (very little actually, kind of like a slight hum at loud volumes). The subs are fine I hooked them up to my friends car and they worked. So is it something in my wiring (which would seem strange seeing as it happened abruptly) or is it something internal in my amp? Or is it possible that the channel went out? The light on the amp is green and all the fuses on the amp are good. The amp is pretty old I think it's the 2006 model, I'm going to replace it this summer anyway but I was just seeing if I could get it to work in the mean time. Any help is appreciated

try your amp in a different vehicle, or try different speakers on it... if the problem isolates itself to your amp then its your amp, if you suspect bad wiring then re-do everything. Sounds like the amp may have issues if it worked one day and not the next or w/e...

Alright I'm gonna try seeing if it works in someone else's car but I need to find someone around me who has a system setup. My friend who's system i hooked my subs up to originally is from my hometown so I can't use his while I'm at school.

only wires that it could be if theres no sound to speakers is the rca's or the wires to the speakers, check those and if its not them then sounds like ur amp... good luck

The wire's seem good and I only checked the rca that plug into amp so far. If it's the amp is there a way to fix it (cheap) or is the new amp my best option?

The wire's seem good and I only checked the rca that plug into amp so far. If it's the amp is there a way to fix it (cheap) or is the new amp my best option?
check behind the radio too, probably they got loose and if those are good then its definatly the amp, maybe u burned something up inside, i dont know much about fixing them so sorry cant help there, but i would think its cheaper to get fixed then buy a new amp u just got to find someone who fixes them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.