05 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS performance enhancement options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flex68
10+ year member

dilligaf
Just wondering if anyone can offer suggestions (from experience , preferably) for bumping horsepower and torque?

This one is an automatic and is the GS with 2.4L motor, and just really lags far behind my 3.0L GT with manual tranny in terms of performance.

I was thinking maybe a CAI and performance tune of the chip.... ?

Dang, there doesn't look like much on the performance market and I doubt a cold air intake and tune will do much to boost performance on the 2.4 with an automatic. Also, be careful who you go to for a tune. I know a local who spent a fortune rebuilding his TSi AWD motor, and a bad tune caused him to lose piston #4. Basically, he is back at square one with needing to spend a fortune on the motor again. At least he has more patience than I do because if that had happened to my car, it would probably be on fire in the street.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.