04 Corolla Mids and highs

Participant count
  • Participant list

JetskiReese

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a pair of SoundQubed QP-MR6.5 speakers powered by my Taramps DS440x4. My 6x9s blew when I got the amp because I tried to tune the same way I do with mono amps but didnt disconnect everything else. I want to put 2 of these speakers and a tweeter on each door. My current vision is speaker pods with each a pair of the SQ mids and 1 skar vx-175 or 200 tweeter. They are the same price I just dont know which one to pick. With just the 2 mids and stock tweeters which have likely died already were heard by a friend's dad 450m away with the cover of trees and a few houses. (distance found with an app to measure straightline distance from where my car was to his house. I dont want extremely loud hear damaging mids and highs but I do want mids that you can feel. Decaf civic has 4 mids in each door and I could feel the vocals in my chest, but it didnt hurt my ears. It was balanced nicely and I could listen to that system all day long. I am about to buy tweeters for my front door but I am torn between the VX-175 and the 200's. I am going to mount the front ones in the door panel just below the existing sail tweeter if possible and route the wires to the new tweeter. Should I get the 175s or 200s? I dont know if bigger will become difficult to install, or if I should get door pods with 1" tweeter holes and put skar VX-1 in it. Im looking for decently loud high fidelity music. So far the mids are super loud and sound decent. If i give some of the power to the high frequencies, I'm sure it will sound very good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...